ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold weather? fast(ish) car

Punto/Clio GTT
ive only got a 1.4 8v but just been out n its pullin bloody damn well in this cold weather in 1st n 2nd. anyone else noticed big gains in this weather??

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
can wheelspin far too easily if i just floor it ( which is obvious! )

i miss the summer already! not that it was very summery!

Cup feels more responsive but I'll be damned if I'm really going for it in 1st or 2nd in this weather! Had a few hairy moments already so I'll be taking it easy over the winter I think.

Even had the fog lights on today, barely had 80m visability in the daytime down here which made for a nice mix with the sporadic ice patches on the road as well, even worse coming home tonight (window re-froze mid journey to add to my worries). The Cup is very skittish compared to my previous Clio (Dynamique with all the safety features intact!) when the weather gets a bit iffy.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
repost.gif

Mazda MX5 1.8
mine was slipping and sliding about on the power today

not really due to weather but due to all the salt/grit on the roads making them always damp & slimey

BMW M135i
Yep, I can feel a difference, pulls much better in 2nd and 3rd. (as much as a 1.2 can)

Also today went to pull up outside a mates house and when I went to brake the pedal just went to the floor with the abs, luckily was only going 5mph or so and managed to stop but that would be s**t scary at speed. Couldn't see any ice in the car at all but the whole turn was covered in it.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
meggerman said:
idiot, are you the repost police, its an interesting subject. dont wanna hear it ? then dont read

lol sorry but there is a post on exactly the same subject as this

Engles Mummy
^^^^^

ummmm.gif

Yea i found in the cold weather my car goes a bit mental, good fun...but must take it easy on those corners!

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
I havn't noticed much of a difference to be honest, i've got a 1.4 8v too, I take it you mean when the engines is warmed up? cause when mine first starts its struggles just to keep running let alone go faster :p.

172Cup & 1987 BMW 635CSi
Seriously, is it just a cruel twist of fate that our cars go faster when you need to slow down?

I recently had a K&N 57i GenII induction kit fitted. Car flies and sounds mental at full chat. Trouble is, took it easy on the first run out, due to new brakes and exhaust being fitted and didn't want to end up in a hedge. That night the roads were bone dry - next day frost & ice & wet & cold. Still frost & ice & wet & cold, and it's not going to get any better by the looks of it!

This means I now have to wait until AFTER CHRISTMAS before I can safely see what my car can do with new mods fitted.

Humph...

Octavia VRS
My 1.4 8v has seemed quite nippy as well (especially in 2nd) and have noticed it sticking to the road more than last year due to having Eibach Pros now

clio 172
can get yas some weather station data if ya like just so you can see how different it is in comparason to the air we had in summer when racing with the pro stock bike!

MKIII 138
oddly im getting more MPG at the mo ? even more so with my hillpower fited :?

dunno why ? had 50mpg on the motorway.

ive found the cup really good in this weather, heaters take a bit to warm up and let in too much outside smell compared with my last 172`s climate control. im takin it easy knowing to slow in anticipation rather than last minute and im using the low revs torque of the hillpower to pull my way through 2nd a few hundred rpm then upto 3rd and 4th.. doesnt like turning in top gear at low speed obviously now torque to get traction.. its just a case of learining the condtions and of course being focused.