ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Collinite & Carlack Winter Wax kit

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up to say we've added a small kit to the website, perfect for cleaning, sealing and waxing your car for winter.

colinite_kit1.jpg

The Kit consists of:

- Carlack 68 - Nano Systematic Care
- Collinite 476s Super double coat auto wax (9fl ounces)
- Foam applicator
- Blue Perl Microfibre applicator pad
- 2 x Microfibre buffing towels

We've included a bottle of Carlack 68 Nano systematic care which cleans and seals the paint perfectly. This is the most important stage IMHO in achieving a really good durable finish. The Carlack is perfect as it removes any contamination whilst at the same time laying down a layer of acrylic selant which I've found on it's own to last well in excess of 3 months.
It also includes a tin of the Collinite 476s and all the applicators & cloths

The price is £24.95 which is a saving of £5 over the regular priced items.
Click here to order

Here are the items in use on a Audi A3 and a description of the process involved.

First soak the microfibre applicator in water and squeeze out until it's damp. Apply a small amount of Carlack Nano. like below which is enough to do one panel.

Apply to the whole car and then buff off with a microfibre cloth.

PA212574.jpg

Contamination removed :eek::

PA212625.jpg

Shine from Carlack alone:

PA212624.jpg

Next apply the Collinite wax with the foam applicator. Again I tend to get these moist before application. Apply to two panels and by the time you finish application on the second panel, using a new microfibre cloth buff off the residue and repaeat until the whole car is waxed.

If you want to apply another layer leave at least an hour between coats.
And the results a shiny car cleaned and prepped for the winter months.

PA212640.jpg

Mito Sportiva 135
Bloody good price that, considering the Collinites is normally about £15 or more by itself. Sure this pack will sell very well.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
I forgot to put it's 300ml Carlack Nano so not super expensive but you save a fiver on buying everything separately.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Whats this colinites like compared to 485 liquid (2 for £20 from USA)

Looks a great finish

I'll maybe consider it, but already have 476

May try and get the Carlack 68 - Nano Systematic Care separetely.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Crackin macro shot tim! Mines goin to be tucked up in the garage to the swissvax will do.

Mito Sportiva 135
Its good for glass, some plastics and wheels too. Mine is about a year and a half old, use it loads and still got about a third of a tin left. Bargain!

Almost worth me getting the kit, for everything else I get for the extra £10...tempting!

Mito Sportiva 135
^ Yep, either in the machine or my preference is by hand in a bowl of hot water, some CG microfibre cleaner and a little bit of normal clothes washing powder...keep stirring/ replacing hot water as necessary and will come up like new - except on my white Sonus cloths which look like I have wiped my bottom with them.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
My mircofibre's never come clean and thats on a HOT wash! But i know there clean! Percil! ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
Ali, the CG MF wash is actually really good for cleaning and also softening cloths too. I have washed cloths with it that look and felt terrible, but it really does bring them back. Although yes some cloths are clean, but they don't look it.

Nothing beats a fresh one though...;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ali, the CG MF wash is actually really good for cleaning and also softening cloths too. I have washed cloths with it that look and felt terrible, but it really does bring them back. Although yes some cloths are clean, but they don't look it.

Nothing beats a fresh one though...;)

Agree'd everytime i get something off david i get a cloth, i must have close to 50 now!

Mito Sportiva 135
I seem to keep buying them yet I don't know where they go...bermuda traiangle in my garage perhaps?

clio 182 black /gold
Does it matter if the car is still damp in places? I know you wet the applicator pad. Dumb question but im here to ask them.

Mito Sportiva 135
Er good question, not really tried on the PC, but know people who use water as a lube when they use a rotary...

clio 182 black /gold
I always seem to get the odd wet bit where water has ran out from behind the trim or other crevices. Sometimes i have not noticed and the applicator gets wet and makes a streaky mess.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah, if in doubt give it the old visual inspection mate, shouldn't think a drop off water will matter, just don't do it when its raining or something I guess mate! :cool:

Less
So i assume i would use these products in place of my SRP and EGP.
So it would go:
Spray
Wash
Spray
Dry
Carlock Nano
Collinite wax