ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Code, WRONGGGGGGGGGGG COLOUR! Help

Renault Clio Dynamique
They have been done proper, however, the paint is the WRONG COLOUR.. I Got the code (632, Silver) but there was like 5 shades, so the people before me obv chose one that looked right, but nopeeeeeeeeee its wrong... Real Wrong... Check my newbie post for the pics, but on the pics u can hardly tell.. ill try get some more tomorow but its gona cost ME £100 more to have em rectified... Can someone try and help tell me, which shade mine will be for a 52 reg clio? HELP! :dapprove:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
different shades? they told you that? im sure that 632 is a colour code and therefor 1 colour.

if you gave them the colour code and they done it wrong take it back.

if your paint code is 632 it should have been an exact match and they should fix it for free by law

Never above 25mpg
No. Where the colour isn't coming from the manufacturers the paintshops take into account colour fade and allsorts.

632 is Gris Boreal? Thats a VERY hard colour to match from reading posts on the forum so no wonder it was the wrong one.

Even for my nautical blue the paintshop near me had 3 different shade card and mixes so I stuck to original Renault.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
No. Where the colour isn't coming from the manufacturers the paintshops take into account colour fade and allsorts.

632 is Gris Boreal? Thats a VERY hard colour to match from reading posts on the forum so no wonder it was the wrong one.

Even for my nautical blue the paintshop near me had 3 different shade card and mixes so I stuck to original Renault.
i stand corrected... however ifyou are paying for a paint job surely they should have matched it properly to the original colour. its not her fault THEY screwed upp surely

Never above 25mpg
Indeed, deffo not. If they have the car with them then obviously they should have been able to identify the right colour. Hopefully the eejits didn't base the colour coding against the wet bits :rolleyes:

As long as it wasn't done too long ago you could say its faded or changed colour or something along those lines and you noticed when you were washing the car or something.

But seeing as they didn't match it right in the first place they are at fault.

Also I believe 632 has like 5 colour shade cards in some places. Crazy colour to own a Clio with although Jungle Jim's done a pretty good job on a paint match.

Renault Clio Dynamique
Oh aaam buggared then. Lol! There was five shades, do the shades go on year made? Or what? Lol! HELP! I know it wont be a perfect match, but the paint is much more blue than mine.. too much to just be a case hope it weathers away or sumits lol..

Yozza'd Titanium 182
gris boreal is a b*****d, i have one and have colour coded it well

but it took me two attempts and the only way to do it is to take your petrol cap of and ask them to match it up properly
Picture011.gif

Megane 225
The bodyshop should have colour cards to go with their paint scheme. It's just a matter of choosing which colour best matches. Remember even from the factory the plastic parts aren't an exact colour match. This is due to the bumbers etc being painted separate from the rest of the car, and prob in a different part of the factory. So the paint used may well be different. if it's miles out get it done again. But you may find that this is the best match! Silver is 1 of the worst colours to match!

Renault Clio Dynamique
Gris Boreal or whatever, i have gathered its a d**k lol! It was matched to the car and my boyfriend works at a automative company n they paint damaged cars sorta thing (Paragon), n even they took my petrol cap and could hardly get a match and i understand about plastic to metal etc... Its driving me potty, the side strips can live with, however the spoiler, back n fronts are more noticable! lol.

Thanks for your help tho people.. Appreciate it. lol..

Renault Clio Dynamique
James, Yours iss very well matched, Get me some paint! Lmao! I envy u, Still my little clio is still beautiful :] lol

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
632 is a mother to match! had fun doing my old 1.2 with the old rattle cans from halfords :dapprove: ... fairly good result, machine polisher sorted it a fair bit

DSC00313.jpg

Painted parts in my garden on a black & decker work mate

* Spoiler
* side strips
* Front & back bumper

Looked tidy enough :)