ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colour coding bumpers?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
www.harrymanback.com/diy.doc

have a read through.
P2180131.gif

Renault clio mk2
cheers for that, very useful, but does the outcome normally match the rest of the bumper or can you see a slight difference?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
normally see mate, its the right colour but the finish isnt as clear as the rest of the paint.
the side bumpers on the doors like the best as they are at a totally different angle to teh rest of the door and its not as obvious.

if ur gonna do it take your time and you'll prolly get better results than me.

Renault clio mk2
ok cheers mate, the pic above looks good but i was thinking you might see a bit of difference , but still least it would be better than just leaving the bog standard trim, cheers though ;)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
yeh i rekon so too, for the sake of £25 or so u might as well have a bash. save u 10 times that to do it professionally!

just make sure u get all the nobbles off the original plastic.

Astra SRi T
sorry to hijack this thread, ............... ive just had clios bits colour coded, (well pleased with resault) should i polish, wash, wax etc.. as normal or is there things i should do/not do when they just been painted?

Chocolate Bar™
you should have really asked the bodyshop, as it does vary depending what materials they've used. to be on the safe side, just use a non-abrasive wax like p21, and leave it at least a couple of months before using polishes

Clio 1.2 mk2
I had a go at colour coding my grey bits a while ago, the side bits came out ok, but the back just doesnt look good at all so thats the nxt thing on the car-to-do list. Anyone got an idea how much im going to have to shell out for front back n sides?

Chocolate Bar™
if you've spray canned the inserts the bodyshop wont touch them, unless you sand them back to the plastic, or get them to do it.

your cheapest option is to source spare plastic panels, and then expect to pay anything from 100-300 depending who you go to.