ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour coding side strips - help please.

Ive colour coded side strips before but must have done something wrong as the paint chipped off very easily.

Where can i find the paint code for Titanium Silver (think its on car chassis somewhere?)
How should I best prepare the side strips for spraying? (Primer / sanding etc)
How many coats of paint should I use?
How should I finish the work (eg: what sort of laquer do I need)?
Anyone out there got the answer to my questions or any other helpful tips on how to go about colour coding?

Thanks

Mk2 Golf GTI

Take it to a body shop and get it done properly! If it was an older car id have a go myself but you dont want a 172 looking all scabby and flaky!! Shouldnt cost much really

I know what your saying but im going to get some spares to do it on. If i f**k it up ill take it to a bodyshop, but id like to give it a go myself :)

Ph1

Think someone talked about the paint having to be baked on to prevent chipping so I think your wasting your time trying to do it yourself.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I just got mine Painted...Properly! and it looks the absolute b****cks! Soz Gotta agree with the lads on this one...Get it done by a Professional.