ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Coding Trim / Side Strips

White Clio MK2 PH1
i have a white 1.2 grande x Reg, i wanna colour code my trim / side strips, ive never sprayed anything before but i wanna do it myself as its so much cheaper! is this easy? hard? or do you suggest me going to a bodyshop? few of my friends told me to just carbon wrap them or vinyl wrap them white to save all the hassle but i dont think it will look right, need opinions and advice as im a abit of a newby to the car scene as im only 18!

thanks alot - Liam!

I sprayed mine when i had my 1.2. Was quite interesting to say i had never sprayed before but i looked at the costs of doing them myself compared to getting them done at a body shop and i went ahead and bought everything. Got most of it online as the primer is pretty cheap also got different grades of wet and dry. I got the colour off Autopaint st Helens by sending my colour code in and they matched the paint up perfect.

It was quite hard as i went for getting the strips perfectly smooth with no 'bobbles' like there is in them now, some leave them but i wanted them out which was a right effort bu worth it!

Have a search around on here, there are plenty of threads about it which could come in useful.

+ i don't think i'd bother with wrapping, i mean, it looks good when done right with some colours but personally i'd stay away.

oh, heres a picture of mine when i'd just finished them
photo2-1.jpg

clio 172, mondeo td
sometimes you have to try and if you make a mistake it can be rubbed down and redone, the majority of the time its just about preperation and not rushing things which is easier said than done sometimes lol

Wish I could try attempt to CC mine :(
Cant even slide the damn things off :D

Screwdriver to prise off??

nooooooooo they slide off - the door ones go from the front of the car to the back and vice versa for the rear strips, but i think theres a bit where you have to lift slightly which is near the back on the door when you open it.

i have a white 1.2 grande x Reg, i wanna colour code my trim / side strips, ive never sprayed anything before but i wanna do it myself as its so much cheaper! is this easy? hard? or do you suggest me going to a bodyshop? few of my friends told me to just carbon wrap them or vinyl wrap them white to save all the hassle but i dont think it will look right, need opinions and advice as im a abit of a newby to the car scene as im only 18!

thanks alot - Liam!

i did mine myself, all i can say is i wish i got it done professionally :L the finish will not be the same as your car, ill send some pics of mine if you want, because they don't look as good as they could aha