ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Coding??

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
I want to colour code all the black plastic trim on my 1.2 16v mk2 ph1. Can anyone give me any tips? Cars Dark Blue not sure on exact colour code tho

Are you going to colour code the current trims you have or are you getting spares to colour code as i have most of the parts needed for colour coding.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
What parts do you have? I was going to colour code all exterior plastic (apart from spoiler) I just need tips on spraying the plastic bits on the bumper. Can these be removed or to you have these to buy? Thanks

I'd get them done by a body shop, mate of mine colour coded his 1.4, looked really smart, was a few years ago but cost him £100 all in, saves potentially messing it up

He got bumper trims and door and qtr mouldings done, as I say was a few years back but if you can find a cheapish body shop shouldn't Be too expensive.

By who? Side strips 70 , mirror caps 45 , front bumper insert 85, rear 95 , plus p&p,smooth finish, you'll get cheaper but depends what quality of job your after.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Can you take the bumper trims off? I wanna do it myself as ive done repsraying a bit and its easy on some smaller trim. I dont wanna take the bumper off to take the trim off as im a lazy git and i dont really have space, just a driveway at the old mans house :\ I was thinking of spraying the trim silver but it might look gash. Not sure yet :(

By who? Side strips 70 , mirror caps 45 , front bumper insert 85, rear 95 , plus p&p,smooth finish, you'll get cheaper but depends what quality of job your after.

by local spray shop. and you gave me a quote of £95 for side strips + bullets?

Can you take the bumper trims off? I wanna do it myself as ive done repsraying a bit and its easy on some smaller trim. I dont wanna take the bumper off to take the trim off as im a lazy git and i dont really have space, just a driveway at the old mans house :\ I was thinking of spraying the trim silver but it might look gash. Not sure yet :(

I believe you can take them off without bumper removal. Not done it yet but its one of my plans in near future :D

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
by local spray shop. and you gave me a quote of £95 for side strips + bullets?

I believe you can take them off without bumper removal. Not done it yet but its one of my plans in near future :D

That sounds better! lol

Also silver is sounding more and more attractive, i have a dark blue ph1 :)

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
I was talking to some mates an theyve been trying to convince me that silver alloys, lowered 60mm, silver sunstrip and silver bumper trim would be epic. not 100% on it though..... :s

I was talking to some mates an theyve been trying to convince me that silver alloys, lowered 60mm, silver sunstrip and silver bumper trim would be epic. not 100% on it though..... :s

all down to personal preference mate. to me same colour all round is better (looks smarter). but it really depends on the look you want. try Photoshoping both scenarios and see which you prefer.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Photowhat? I seem to be the only person in the world who doesnt know how to use it! lol! And its expensive! Assuming youve paid for it :\ lol! Ill put some pics up of the car in a bit, night time pics tho unfortunately!

Back box or standard and if so what type? Want to stay quiet as my scoob was insanely loud with a decat and scorpion!

Black gold 182
i know this is gunna sound sooo stupid. but ive been wanting to colour code my side strips since i've had the car but how do i get them off? sorry to be a tard

I've not managed it yet but you open door and push the rear stips (hard) towards the front of the car and the door strips hard towards the back!