ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colour help, after touch up pen

Clio Sport 182
hi,
I can see the sticky at the top and searched some old posts but pictures have gone on them, I'm after a touch up pen for some stone chips and some light scratches but I cant seem to find the correct colour. I believe the colour I need is J41 but before I buy one and put the wrong colour on my car can someone please confirm that this is the right colour for my car please? the car its for is my display picture on my profile but I cant save and upload it on the computer I'm on. I'm happy to order from Halfords or ebay and if anyone knows of a direct link to a product that would be even better :)
thanks in advance!

Clio Sport 182
Or if anyone knows of a better solution to a touch up pen please say, and don't suggest a whole respray as i'm sure I could be really picky and do every panel lol! also should I buy a lacquer to go with this as I see some say don't need it and some say you do need to use it?

EDIT: just seen this it says renaultsport clio 182 I would just like someone to confirm this for me please as ive seen two types of clio sport blues - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARTIC-BLU...169665?hash=item1e876e4501:g:HfYAAOSwBLlU-Za0

Last edited:

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Your car is Arctic blue so that one is correct.

If you're using it for stone chips, I wouldn't use the supplied brush, dabbing it with a cocktail stick better.

I don't use lacquer.

Clio Sport 182
Thanks so much I just wanted to be 100% before I do something stupid :) I read about a really fine artists brush but a cocktail stick sounds perfect thanks a lot

Clio Sport 182
I got the one in the link I posted up there and it's a good match, as was mentioned the brush is quite thick but I used a fine artist brush for bigger marks and small chips or fine scratches I used a cocktail stick and just went really careful with it and I'm happy with the results