ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coloured filters for flash...

I swear I saw on here something about people getting some coloured opaque plastics which they could use over the flash for dirt cheap or free from somewhere, had a search but can't find it.

Anybody know what I mean, or did I see it elsewhere?

Rally bus
Wasn't me that posted about them but yeah, you can use opaque plastics if you want to change your flash colour.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I swear I saw on here something about people getting some coloured opaque plastics which they could use over the flash for dirt cheap or free from somewhere, had a search but can't find it.

Anybody know what I mean, or did I see it elsewhere?

I think if you look on the Cokin Filters website, they have some filter swatch samples that can be stuck to the flashgun.

They used to post them out for free, just have to put your details in i.e address & email

FF RB 182
I think if you look on the Cokin Filters website, they have some filter swatch samples that can be stuck to the flashgun.

They used to post them out for free, just have to put your details in i.e address & email

Not Cokin, but we found something...

supergel.jpg

Get these free from....
http://www.rosco.com/uk/filters/SBRequest.asp?type=roscolux

Ian

Focus TDCi
Just ordered a set, not even sure how to use them, but they look interesting. :)

Rally bus
Just ordered a set, not even sure how to use them, but they look interesting. :)

Stick 'em on the flash to give coloured lighting. Usefull if you've got two flashguns as you can use one with a gel on to colour the background.

Can also use them to alter the colour temp of normal flash light.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Stick 'em on the flash to give coloured lighting. Usefull if you've got two flashguns as you can use one with a gel on to colour the background.

Can also use them to alter the colour temp of normal flash light.

Cheers Gary, figured might as well snap them up, gives me something else to experiment with. I've not got any external flashes, but I'll see what happens with the onboard flash.

Gaz is just going to use them to mess around with on the standard flash. See if they change the lighting, which they should do.

Yep yep, I'll probably do the same, if I don't like them I've not lost anything. :)

FF RB 182
Just an update on these...

Gaz received an email from Rosco saying could you ring this local dealer and they will send you them. So he did, and they've emailed him saying they are in the post.

Ian

Focus TDCi
I got this email too. If you don't contact them does that mean they won't be delivered Soph?

FF RB 182
Don't know sorry, think its best to give them a ring. They didn't even ask what he was going to use them for. Gaz just rang them up and told them what the email said, they asked him to send his address them and he has now got a email saying they are being sent from the dealer.