ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Combinations and alliances

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Basically, I'm doing art a-level and the theme is Combinations and alliances, I am going down the root of wild plants and animals have formed unlikely alliances with urban environments.
From this I am going to study rocks with lichens growing on it moss, fungi growing from walls, roots coming up from the ground as if nature is 'taking over all manmade things'
If anyone has some good photos or could take some would help alot! Im from Wales and not many urban areas also suggestions will be a great help!!

White APE
I would have thought any derelict or disused places would be ideal. Must be something around that's no longer used?

Ultra Red Megane 175
Seeing as your from Carmarthenshire, I'm sure with a bit of research and exploration you can find some disused farms and outbuildings etc? Probably a good place to start...

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Well, thats what i wanted to do but for my coursework I done welsh landscapes so used all of the local outbuildings as features. Also not aloud landscape now as I have done that so Its all about close-ups and textures :l

RIP Dan
Here are a couple from Angkor Wat in Cambodia, Tomb Raider and Indiana Jones were filmed in here.

There are probably some better shots by pros but it would be a good place to reference.
6925357533_5b153df737_z.png

Angkor Wat by BullyJersey1970, on Flickr

6925353033_5686440f6e_z.png

6925358109_83c0524a1b_z.png

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It might be worth looking at muscle/barnacle growth if you are anywhere near the sea/docks.

I see a lot of growth on wind turbines. Also on the mooring ropes, boats, anchor chains etc.

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
It might be worth looking at muscle/barnacle growth if you are anywhere near the sea/docks.

I see a lot of growth on wind turbines. Also on the mooring ropes, boats, anchor chains etc.
Ahh, didn't think of that I'll have to go down the docks but I'm scared to go too close to the edge to take those photo's just incase haha. May go down the pier when the tide is out! :)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
This is something I was thinking about. Its not very sharp but its quite hard to keep still whilst the boats moving up and down.

You will probably find similar on anchors, moorings etc at low water in a harbor, if you can get to them.

6791941920_301fef1522_z.png

Growth by A_Cro, on Flickr

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
LOVE that! I have decided on the direction i am going, starting off with enchantment so forestries overtaking, trees escaping from glasshouses through windows ect. then going onto touch on rust and lichens, go onto anchors and the docks and finish off with undersea wrecks. but all of these are not landscapes, they are all about textures, highly detailed drawings and paintings with a few clay bits better get an A* for this! haha

RIP Dan
Just had another thought, spiders webs would work but you would need a different angle as they are done to death. Although they still look awesome with dew on them or sprayed with water, but I don't like annoying the spiders by doing this.

RIP Dan
Just make sure they aren't jumping spiders and you're good to go.

There are some epic webs around if you go on the hunt.

Get BF to setup and use a remote shutter release, then get BF to tidy up, job done.

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Just make sure they aren't jumping spiders and you're good to go.

There are some epic webs around if you go on the hunt.

Get BF to setup and use a remote shutter release, then get BF to tidy up, job done.

Bf?

RIP Dan
I think the spiders web would be a worthwhile part of the the project, good luck and post your results up.

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
I will do, just trying to find the webs with spiders on is going to be difficult, also alot of local castles so it would be worth the visit for the ragged stone backdrop, fingers crossed!

RIP Dan
I don't think you need the spiders on, it's an alliance between the web and the plant/building etc