ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coming back to a Clio

Hi everyone,

Revisiting the site as I am thinking of coming back to the Clio fold after selling my 1.2 Mk2 Phase 2 Extreme back in 2005.

After flirting with a MKIV Supra, R32 Golf (MKIV) and my current car a BMW 335d E92 I am looking at a run around whilst I save up some money for another car.

Currently got my eye on a 2002 52 registered 172 in black up at £1500. It has had the belt kits fitted and also new water pump and seems to be in decent condition and wearing its 103k miles fairly well.

Car has a broken front coil spring and needs a new solenoid for the boot button mechanism.

Anything else I should be wary of before I part with any cash?

Thanks

Adam

SSN11

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I have done the same mate, used to have a 172 in 96 then want down the high powered jap cars RWD & AWD now back to a 172 as a run around and what a laugh it is to drive mpg it a lot better than the 6mpg I used to get in rx lol

I have done the same mate, used to have a 172 in 96 then want down the high powered jap cars RWD & AWD now back to a 172 as a run around and what a laugh it is to drive mpg it a lot better than the 6mpg I used to get in rx lol

Just picked it up now after some negotiating. Have to say what a laugh to drive. Going from a high powered rear wheel drive automatic to a 172 is like driving a go kart.

Big smile on my face now.