ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Comments on new website

Hmmmmm.

That's not great mate.

The logo/script is jaggy.
The colours are bad.
The buttons look very 90's
The banner is flash.
The banner took aaaaages to load.

Clio 182
Revels, could you give me some tips on what i should do to improve it, either on here or through PM.

Do you have the font for the logo? Get that re-done at a much better res. It's the first thing you see and it's jaggy.

Have a look for a jQuery plug-in to do your banners. Flash should really be left behind for things like that.

The buttons I just think look a bit 'MySpace' and not really the professional image you want. Same with the boxes/borders and the colours. Black rarely works as a main colour.

Clio 182
Ok cheers for your input, i will start making some changes.
Any more comments are more than welcome.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just think the design/colour of the website looks really 1990's.

But I do think the business is a winner, good luck to you. You may even get a call from me this summer! lol.

Po-LOW
Hiya pal

has this been put together using a "build a website" hosting package? I ask as its all styled in the html rather than a stylesheet, perhaps if you can import a stylesheet or something i could build you something - how has the site been made?

Clio 182
Cheers for your comments people all are being taken into consideration.

Pastieman, the only pricing i could put on is some of the drinks, as the bar itself is free to hire

Danny Lee, it was done using a programme called serif webplusx4

Last edited:
  Po-LOW
if you want, send me the source and ill have a look

of even just a page if u want me to just test what can be done

New logo, new banner with HTML/CSS, more info at the bottom.

I like the colour scheme and the layout though :)

Clio 182
Chapppers11 most companys supply the bar free, there is a few companys that charge but we didnt want to do that.
We only charge for the bar if there is less than 50 people and also there is a charge for us to make a 1 off bar.

JackJack what browser are you using as it works fine on chrome.

Danny Lee you have PM

Addicted thanks i will have a look at that.

Thanks for every ones help, best i go back to the drawing board.