ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Common as muck 182

Saw 3 wihtin the space of half an hour this morning, they are going the way as the TT, and Scooby, soon youll onyl have to turn arond and youll see 3 of them

ive only ever seen a yellow one round here.

when i went to pick mine up (down in essex) saw 2 the same colour there on the same stretch of road.

renaultsport clio 182

yep seem to be a lot about,glad ive got a phase one not many about after admit though the 182 is a good looking motor but ill keep with the phase1 172.;)

clio 182 black /gold

There are 3 in great harwood mine an 04 also in black which is at the end of my street and a blue on on a private plate on the street across from the 04 one.

Its a £12k rocket that nothing else can touch brand new at that price. Bound to be loads about and rightfully so. Cant have it both ways. Its not as though we own Morgans or Marcos here, its a Renault. The success of RenaultSport and the consistently great cars is obviously going to mean more buyers.

Saying that it seems to depend where you live, Ive seen maybe 5 (10 at the very most) 182s since they were released and I cover 12k a year.

172 cup

Thats usually what happens when a car is good tho. people buy them. I lose track of how many black civic type arse i see around here. I usually see 4 or 5 every morning on my way to work.

Seat Leon Cupra 290

i live on the south coast and i see soooo many clios, is it a southern thing? i live in a little place which is just turned to a town and has 4 clio cups!

Quote: Originally posted by Richisbradders on 01 July 2005

i live on the south coast and i see soooo many clios, is it a southern thing? i live in a little place which is just turned to a town and has 4 clio cups!
Lots of twisties around the South Coast, the Cup is in its element. Suprised there are not more local to where I am (Wiltshire) as its B road heaven here.

i dont really see any around really (romford,essex) one dude has a yellow one though, its lovely.
at work (london) i see loads of them though.

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 02 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by RS-Steve on 01 July 2005

The clio is the new Nova!!! LOL

it will be in a few years when the second hand market is flooded with them.

And that lovely Group 16 insurance is a blessing too, if it wasnt for that they truely would be common as muck.

Clio v6

Good to hear there are lots of them around. Im thinking of all that profit Renault will have to put into new exciting projects. :D

2005 Impreza WRX STI

ive seen 3 mk1 172s, about 10 mk2 172s 4 cups and about 8 182s. thats in about a year. off topic a bit only seen 4 williams (one was a mates) and maybe 5 valvers. i think they all are quite rare TBH in comparison to other performance hatches!

106 GTi

Hardly any round here, see 3 others and its always the same ones. The occasional 172 or Cup and thats it.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 02 July 2005

ive seen 3 mk1 172s, about 10 mk2 172s 4 cups and about 8 182s. thats in about a year. off topic a bit only seen 4 williams (one was a mates) and maybe 5 valvers. i think they all are quite rare TBH in comparison to other performance hatches!
^thats all over not just where i live!

I see atleast one every 3 days.. so not really that common round my parts.. its still at the point where I have to look twice..

Theres more Bentley GTs, 911s, Ferraris, M3s round my area than 182s.

Theres a ferrari garage up the road from me, thats selling a black gold 182.. wonder if some lucky bugger has p/xd?

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy

In Sheffield I have seen loads of 182s & 172s, but I have only ever seen 2 1.6 16vs in the last 2 years. The Clio 182 or 172 are Nearly (I said NEARLY;)) as common as 1.2 16v Clios. I have only ever seen 1 V6 in my life and that person owns 1 at work.

Suzuki SV650

I chased a VTR & a valver shell that seemed to have a 1.4 GTT lump in it (had a wastegate and wasnt that fast ;)) and I turned off, then I decided to catch them back up, found them, and they were at some lights and we could hear them talking about a 182... Mines a FIFTY-ONE plate 172 with 182 wheels on, no exhaust, proves how much the Max Power boys round here know about Clios, they probably think a 1.2 16v with foglights on is a 182.

Mark 1 172s are as rare as fook, almost as rare as Willys round here in Leicester!

clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by the1 on 04 July 2005

In Sheffield I have seen loads of 182s & 172s, but I have only ever seen 2 1.6 16vs in the last 2 years. The Clio 182 or 172 are Nearly (I said NEARLY;)) as common as 1.2 16v Clios. I have only ever seen 1 V6 in my life and that person owns 1 at work.
dreamin i dont see many 172/182,s in sheffield pal and there is no way near as many as 1.2,s that is a wild comment

Suzuki SV650

Just having said that Mark 1 172s are as rare as fook round here, I saw one parked outside the De Montfort Union gym in Leicester just now :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by StevieP on 04 July 2005

Just having said that Mark 1 172s are as rare as fook round here, I saw one parked outside the De Montfort Union gym in Leicester just now :devilish:
there arent many coz people dont like the butt ugly front lights :p

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by StevieP on 04 July 2005
I chased a VTR & a valver shell that seemed to have a 1.4 GTT lump in it (had a wastegate and wasnt that fast ;)) and I turned off, then I decided to catch them back up, found them, and they were at some lights and we could hear them talking about a 182... Mines a FIFTY-ONE plate 172 with 182 wheels on, no exhaust, proves how much the Max Power boys round here know about Clios, they probably think a 1.2 16v with foglights on is a 182.Mark 1 172s are as rare as fook, almost as rare as Willys round here in Leicester!

all turbos have a wastegate lol... wouldnt work if they didnt :cool:

Suzuki SV650

I know mailce I was just saying that if it was a valver shell with a turbod 1.8 16v shell itd have minced me!

The guy in the VTR seemed to keep telling me that the Clio was just a 1.4... And I kept saying 1.4 gtt right? but he wouldnt say. I need to go hunting for them again.!