ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Commpresion

Why are you suffering any problems? Think the 16v heads are quite strong and not as liable to cracking as the GTTs I think!

Thought my head was f**ked on my 16v but it was just the head gasket!

yeh thats what i mean would i notice it if my head gasket was leaking , just every now n again when i take it near 7k i get a puff of smoke on rev down...

juist happens when i rag it hard tho..

if they are all that low sounds like you havea common problem in all of them.

Youhavent touched it since? changed tha cam or anything?

Do a check, table spoon of oil down each bore then check again, if compression goes up, its your rings as they are temporarily sealed. If the comp doesnt rise then its the headgasket or tha valves which youll need to whip the head off (now your thankfull its pushrod lol) and look.

Do it when the engine is hot though and throttle fully open as some people get low readings from silly mistakes.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

BenR does your knowledge and Hello magazine (not that I read it) style tips and tricks never end..

:) ;)

hello style tips!!!!

i was told i would be a n annonymous contributor!

thats it, im sueing hello!.....

pmsl!!

I have not touched it since the comp check. Heres hopin its not a fried ring! Seems to me to be the head as ive got the usuall mayo, nasty water etc. I can also hear preasure escaping from somewhere to when the engine is revved a bit. I aint driven it anwhere either. Getting a gas flowed head from Ian @ europarts now. No point puttin a standard one on like ah?