ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Company car > Private car

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Anybody know of any decent insurance company's that will take Company Car driving into account for a new individual policy?

Due to start my new job in Jan so company car is going back and has been 7years+ I haven't had my own car so to speak

Have no idea on an actual car yet but insurance situation is likely to play a part in that

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When I was in that situation, (and opted out of the company car scheme) I had a letter on headed paper from our HR lady stating that I’d been on the company policy for X years with no claims or accidents.

Worked absolutely fine.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I've always kept my own policy on the car the missus uses so I've luckily not had to deal with that issue, not sure if all insurance companies will accept it or not

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
When I was in that situation, (and opted out of the company car scheme) I had a letter on headed paper from our HR lady stating that I’d been on the company policy for X years with no claims or accidents.

Worked absolutely fine.

My old man had this issue on retirement, he had company cars most of his life.
Letter from HR was sufficient. 👍

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
I’m still been named person on my mrs car for a long time so not sure if that would help also!

might have to see what HR say issue is we’ve recently been TUPE’d to a new company who don’t seem all there when it comes to keeping order in the office so might be screwed

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I’m still been named person on my mrs car for a long time so not sure if that would help also!

might have to see what HR say issue is we’ve recently been TUPE’d to a new company who don’t seem all there when it comes to keeping order in the office so might be screwed

If you've been a named driver on another policy then they can see that. Not all of them will offer discount for it though.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you wish. We have a number of schemes that will allow company car driving experience.
Regards,
Dan.