ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

compbrake mounts

b/g 182, meg tourer
had these fitted last week and there seems to be a knocking noise when i drive over small bumps :( any parts i need to check? the mounts don't sit right in the middle of the strut, could this be the cause? (the threads on the male part of the top mounts moving against the strut)

any help appreciated

b/g 182, meg tourer
just been serching through this and it seems a lot of people seem to get banging etc, from solid top mounts. so is this just a common thing with the mounts then, just more road noise due to lack of rubber so you can hear more banging and crashing in potholes, changes in road surface etc... ?

I got these on mine but only till the weekend :) (only had on a month)
Road noise is just too much for me and i think theyve caused other probs like me lower ball joint bangin(like a rattlein/bangin noise) if thats wt it is :dapprove:, got meself a new arm and sum anti-roll bar bushes to put on this weekend along with new rubber top mounts.

Last edited:
  b/g 182, meg tourer
yeah im not sure what the noise is but its when i go over potholes, a change in road surfaces or just bumpy roads.
i don't want the mounts to do any damage to anything else

b/g 182, meg tourer
i was hoping that people who have them fitted could tell me anything to check.
i will have to take it back to where i had them fitted soon i guess

b/g 182, meg tourer
took it back to jabba today to try to sort the knocking/rattling out. after 45mins... still no result. they are still knocking! we made up some metal washers to go between the top locking nut and the rubber washer to allow the top nut to be tightened up more. still no luck tho :(

does anyone else get a lot of knocking/rattling from their solid top mounts??! (and i don't just mean more road noise)

LY 200
mine do to, just have to compromise imo

smooth roads they are fine, if they are particularly bad on them then you may be something else

b/g 182, meg tourer
mine do to, just have to compromise imo

smooth roads they are fine, if they are particularly bad on them then you may be something else

they are knocking even on smooth roads. would need to drive on glass for them not to knock!

don't think its anything else, didn't do it before i had them fitted :(

LY 182
took it back to jabba today to try to sort the knocking/rattling out. after 45mins... still no result. they are still knocking! we made up some metal washers to go between the top locking nut and the rubber washer to allow the top nut to be tightened up more. still no luck tho :(

does anyone else get a lot of knocking/rattling from their solid top mounts??! (and i don't just mean more road noise)
i had this. they are a bad design in that they dont fit the bottom of the turret, they move about about 1cm in the turret, which is bad as potholes etc jolt them over which changes the camber and castor....

mine had been moving about a while (had a gut feeling it was moving about and was right) and tried to remove them but the lock rings had both jammed solid (i assume from where its ovalled moving about)

in the end i ruined them tightenging them up with an air chisel as a temp measure.

when i get a chance im going to cut the lock rings off and drill and tap them and bolt them to the turret

b/g 182, meg tourer

i had this. they are a bad design in that they dont fit the bottom of the turret, they move about about 1cm in the turret, which is bad as potholes etc jolt them over which changes the camber and castor....

mine had been moving about a while (had a gut feeling it was moving about and was right) and tried to remove them but the lock rings had both jammed solid (i assume from where its ovalled moving about)

in the end i ruined them tightenging them up with an air chisel as a temp measure.

when i get a chance im going to cut the lock rings off and drill and tap them and bolt them to the turret

i guess bolting them in place would be one fix. bit extreme tho.
i just don't really know what else to do. just a bit p!ssed off as they are a pretty expensive bit of kit and they don't seem a very good design.

how about removing the top rubber washer and fitting a large metal washer. the rubber washer could be causing movement i guess

LY 182
what top rubber washer mate? mine didnt come with any.

if you dont want to bolt them or space them out somehow so it cant move the only fix is get the feckers tighter

they are a pants design i would have bought the mark fish ones if i'd have known.

aparently c spanners for coilovers and what not fit them and you can tighten them that way
short of that get the air chisel out lol

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
+1 Top rubber washer??????

When Mark fitted mine we really tightened them went for a drive tightened again etc and then marked where they were. Not moved since but i do get the occasional bang and road noise is increased.

b/g 182, meg tourer
what top rubber washer mate? mine didnt come with any.

if you dont want to bolt them or space them out somehow so it cant move the only fix is get the feckers tighter

they are a pants design i would have bought the mark fish ones if i'd have known.

aparently c spanners for coilovers and what not fit them and you can tighten them that way
short of that get the air chisel out lol

same here mate... if i had known i would have gone for some mark fish ones too! lol
ok, cheers. had some spanners on there, its really tight! still a rattle tho :mad:

mine is a new design from k-tek, its just like the compbrake ones but blue.
the rubber washer is between the top nut and the turret. you can see it in the pic. i also made a metal washer to go between the rubber washer and the top nut in an attempt to get it tighter. no luck

DSC00980.gif