ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Complete system upgrade advice needed!

172 CUP
Hi all,

I’m looking at upgrading the sound system in my ’03 172 Cup, and need some advice. I’ve installed Subs in all of my previous cars, but really don’t want to install a sub this time (due to practicality and rattling etc). So I really want to upgrade the Head unit, and run upgraded speakers through it directly (no amp). I was looking at the following:

Alpine CDE-101RM - CD/MP3/USB Tuner which has 4 x 45w amplifying power. I’ve been told that this doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll get 45w per channel.

So would this run these speakers:

Alpine SXE-1350S - 13cm components (30w Nominal power)

Alpine SXE-1025S - 10cm speakers(20w Nominal power)

Would this set up run ok, or would I be at risk of overloading the speakers?

Also, Does my Clio have 4 speakers (excl tweeters) or 6?

Many Thanks,

Chris

vaux cavalier
Can't really see the point mate....
Your upgrades would be like side stepping, rather than stepping forwards....

OK, your new Head Unit will give slightly better sound quality, but once you add the upgraded speakers this added quality will only be noticeable at lower volume levels....(due to heavier suspension & lower sensitivity over stock speakers)....

All things considered, I would expect approx 8w rms per channel unclipped output from this unit, couple this with less sensitive speakers than stock & you can see its the wrong way to go....

You should be looking at;

1, Deadening & Sealing door cavities for improved mid bass response....
2, MDF baffles for door mounted mids, (sealed to door skin), to further reduce resonating panels....
3, Head Unit with higher output power....
4, Speakers with at least a 92dB sensitivity....
5, Speakers which will reproduce lower frequencies, (aim for 50Hz or lower)....

To get the most from the above, an external 2 channel amp would be a huge step forwards.....