ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP: Will this sound system upgrade fit my Renault Clio mk2 1.2L extreme 3dr 2005?

Renault Clio mk2 1.2
Hi all I’m looking to upgrade my sound system on my clio, I’ve currently got a pioneer MVH-S420BT stereo with some standard pioneer Clio mm2 upgrade speakers. I’ve got a budget of £300 for a subwoofer, amp + new front door speakers. I’m just wandering if these 3 that I’ve picked up will be compatible with my Clio? And if they will sound good together. I’m no audiophile by any means so if there are any on this forum. Please help!

links to the items:

Attachments

• B904FB33-D04B-4213-A684-C9A2FD1A9478.png
    B904FB33-D04B-4213-A684-C9A2FD1A9478.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 106
  • 3679E9B5-769D-4608-8701-CF96C9AAA614.png
    3679E9B5-769D-4608-8701-CF96C9AAA614.png
    2 MB · Views: 102
  • 6650780E-D879-4651-B350-26AB47575946.png
    6650780E-D879-4651-B350-26AB47575946.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 86

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The amp is to run the front speakers right? Will it work considering you're buying 4?

How many pre-outs does your headunit have?

Don't forget the fitting kit(s) if the amps don't come with all the wires.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as above it will work, assuming you have enough preouts, most modern pioneers have 3 that I've seen.

i would just add the sub and not worry about front components, your going to be taking the low end handling off the front speakers anyway with your sub so will be able to get more volume without distortion than you are currently getting anyway

Renault Clio mk2 1.2
The amp is to run the front speakers right? Will it work considering you're buying 4?

How many pre-outs does your headunit have?

Don't forget the fitting kit(s) if the amps don't come with all the wires.
My head init has 2 pre outs (Front, rear or subwoofer)

Renault Clio mk2 1.2
as above it will work, assuming you have enough preouts, most modern pioneers have 3 that I've seen.

i would just add the sub and not worry about front components, your going to be taking the low end handling off the front speakers anyway with your sub so will be able to get more volume without distortion than you are currently getting anyway
Wait so you think it’s pointless me buying the alpine 17cm? Atm I’ve got 13cm clio upgrade pioneer ones. Most likely about the same quality. All I’m wanting to know really is if the 3 components listed above will fit into my car?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Wait so you think it’s pointless me buying the alpine 17cm? Atm I’ve got 13cm clio upgrade pioneer ones. Most likely about the same quality. All I’m wanting to know really is if the 3 components listed above will fit into my car?
Yes.

Renault Clio mk2 1.2
yes you need an output to the amp then you need to run speaker wire from the amp to your front door speakers
Okay cool so technically speaking I should be able to run both the amp and the subwoofer off of my current HU (That has x 2 RCA outputs) right?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yes, its just a lot of hassle to run the front speakers amped as you need to run the speaker wire to the crossover and then run speaker wire to the front door speakers and tweeters up in the top of the dash, for not a lot of benefit!

Renault Clio mk2 1.2
yes, its just a lot of hassle to run the front speakers amped as you need to run the speaker wire to the crossover and then run speaker wire to the front door speakers and tweeters up in the top of the dash, for not a lot of benefit!
Ahh right okay

Renault Clio mk2 1.2
Are there any standalone front door speakers that you would recommend for my car that would really improve the sound without an amp??