ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Compression 12,6:1

yes, but you will have to remap again if you havent done so to suit the compression increase already.

you can increase the CR for next to free by skimming the head 40 thou (1mm), netting 12.36:1 CR.

Not always the 'ideal' thing but certainly cheaper than stripping a whole block and rehoning, running in, cost of parts and labour just for a nominal bump in compression.

Clio 172
BenR: NICE!! that's much cheaper :)

I'll get the head ported as well..

Do you know Kent Cams? i'm thinking of these

Supersport, power band 3000 - 7500, I 286 deg. & E 278 deg.

I can't remember the deg. of Clio 172..

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Don;t mention kent around here. So far due to pully faliures they have killed 3 engines.

ahh right, im used to the old c1j, any one know how for you can overbore the block then? 2.1 2.2 ltrs?

There a place that was overboring to 2.2 liters I'm sure but I'd think head gasgets would be the problem. The Williams which are over bored have problem and thats when they use the longer throw cranks as well.

custom gasket would sort that surley, wouldnt wana increase the throw any more, alreadys has a longish stroke as stock doesnt it?

The Williams with the 2.2 engine kept having trouble no idea what the probl;em was exactly but it did break have loads of trouble apparently.

BenR is your person to speak to about overboring possible problems etc.

stroke it, stroke it and stroke it some more.

dont take material off the block or you'll end up with a teeny quench depth and start smacking the piston into the head.

head can be skimmed alot, depends how good you are at controlling cam timing.