ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Computer shuts down not long after boot up :| Please help

Punto Evo Abarth
Hey, i just put my old computer back together (bits i had lying around) anyway, when i turned it on all good until not long it just turned it self off, didn't even get to the windows screen (one that has the blue bar on service pack two). So i tried to turn it on again and it didn't even get that far, after the motherboard bleeped it turned off.

If i leave it and come back to it, it will get just to the windows screen and turn its self off again, you try again and same thing happens, doesn't get very far. I don't have a clue what it could be other than a heat problem? and that the motherboard is shutting down so it don't cause any problems but i don't know.

Anyway if someone could help me out id greatly appreciate it. I have msn if it would be easier to talk on their, Thanks loads in advance
icon_smile.gif

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I always suggest testing the memory first with these symptoms.

Well after trying to boot in safe mode ;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You've built a computer but don't know how to boot in Safe mode?

Punto Evo Abarth
lol i havnt needed to but yer its soooo eaasy to put one together :p

EDIT: I can JUST get in the bios ive set all the settings to defualt and reset the cosmos thing is it? (removing the battery and moving the jumper across)

Punto Evo Abarth
ok its a heat problem i got in the bios and watchjed the cpu temp raise :p lol it got to 81 degrees c before it turned off :p

RS 172
Yep sounds like the system is shutting itself down for heat protection. Make sure the heatsink is seated correctly and firmly and that the thermal paste is present/okay.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Thermal shutdown, 99.9% certain.

*Edit* - just seen your post. It'll be an AMD then? As Intel's scale down and I've had my Core2 running for a day with no heatblock on it at all... It just goes a bit slow.