ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Computer Virus Help

1.6 Ford Focus
I have spent nearly 24 hours trying to fix this but so far there is little progress... Yesterday I turned my laptop on and it appeared to be infected with a fake virus scanner which was telling me my entire system was infected, and that all programs I tried to run were viruses and it refused to let me run them... To remove the 'viruses' it was telling me to buy the full version of the fake scanner...

Well I shut down the computer and went into safe mode... I have fixed one problem where it was blocking me from accessing the internet and I ran the longest virus scan I have ever seen twice last night which removed loads of viruses... however that's not completely fixed the problem...

When I boot up as normal the fake virus scanner is still there causing problems... to make matters worse it wont let me install Windows Defender, it just comes up with "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." which doesn't add up because I am logged in as admin on safe mode... Google isn't much help on this one either, all of the fixes for this don't seam to be working.

Any ideas or suggestions? Last resort is to rebuild the laptop.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Yes I had the same, boot in safe mode and install an antivirus, you can get free ones and stick them on a dongle. If you already have a real antivirus, boot in safe mode and do it like that.

If that fails format the hard drive.

Stop looking at p**n, masturbating makes you go blind, and you won't get these viruses.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Safe mode, then Malware Bytes Anti Spyware, or Spybot, or both tbh

We've had this a few times at work recently, users are stoopid