ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

condensation in headlight unit

Mk2 Clio 1.6
is it ok to have condensation in the headlight unit? i went to put my silvervisions in and noticed it on the drivers side!! dont know whether this will affect my HID's or anything??

b/g 182, meg tourer
i have had this before. check that the rubber caps are on properly. and all bulb holders fitted correctly (no gaps for air)
mine cleared after a few days iirc

Mk2 Clio 1.6
put the car in the garage earlier and went out to see if it had cleared up but its just the same!!

i fitted my HID's the other night so its probably to do with that, and i checked the rubber seals afterwards and they were on fine!!
what else could i do? peeving me off a wee bit!!

Chris

Ive read about covering the light in tin foil, Taking the rubber cap off at the back and heating it lightly with a hair dryer.

Apparently what some dealers do when they have this problem.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
just drive around with the caps off for a bit the ya lights on will clear quickly

Mercedes C320!
another quick tip is to put the lil silcone packets you get when you buy new trainers or a mircowave in your headlights. As these are designed to absorb moisture! Trust me it work...:) Oh and by the well my HID's were fine in my old headlights seems they steam up!!!