ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

confused about lowering springs

OLI

205 gti-6
firstly, i own a mk2 ph1 1.2 8v clio.
i am confused why some kits for my car only come with 2 springs and others come with 4, did renault make a 1.2 without rear springs?
because mine definetely has springs all round!:S

i am lookin for a 35-40mm drop so which is the best to go for as i want improved handling, not too harsh ride and better looks:

avo -35mm kit
apex -40mm kit

pics would help:D

cheers guys

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The mk1 clios came with a torsion bar so only need 2 springs but the mk2 needs 4 springs mate.

Mine lowered on Apex 40mm springs (and gmax shocks)

john2.jpg

S reg'd Clio 1.4 RT
I've placed my order for AVO springs this morning!

I opted for those as 40mm is the recommended max drop before changing the dampers also!

and 35mm drop should last a bit onger on standard dampers than 40mm

OLI

205 gti-6
yeh, i'm worried about dampers too,
where did you order avo springs from mate and how much?

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
Torsion bar representin'!

hey... im not sure exactly how a torsion bar works... is it a "live" axel..? ie: if the car was in the air at a garage, and u lifted up one wheel... would the other wheel raise as well? or are both wheels independant?

Knowing nothing is fun.

-Akira

S reg'd Clio 1.4 RT
http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

Ordered them from there!
Some-one on here showed me to the site!

Not sure if that will be the cheapest place for them if that's all you buy!

But I was buying some parts for my fiesta aswell and buying them all together came cheapest from them!

Hope this helps!