ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

connecting head unit to wheel volume control

Clio Dynamique
hiya i have a sony head unit and obviously now the controls for volume by the steering wheel dont work, i was just wondering how i can hook them up to my new head unit,

ta guys

Clio Billabong 1.2
You need 2 adapters. One specific to Renault and one specific to Sony. (I think autoleads is the name of them)

I can't remember the site they're on, but I'm sure someone will be along to tell you.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
30 quid and requires dash top removal as involves wiring behind clock display. i have the same thing, yet to install as i havent had enough time to take my car apart.

Clio Dynamique
erm yer mite just skip that one then guys lol cheers anyways i need to get inventive with the placing of the headunits remote control lol

Civic Type-S GT
30 quid and requires dash top removal as involves wiring behind clock display. i have the same thing, yet to install as i havent had enough time to take my car apart.

no no no no no lol, much simpler way than that - caraudiodirect.com sell the incartec leads which just connect to the wiring harness of the head unit, the car and the little yellow iso plug - no dash removal required and works perfectly

if you're after them, just do a search for "incartec" i've posted a few times for people which leads they need :)

Last edited:
  ClioSport 172 Cup
or.... just forget the display(PC99-X12) and go for a simple PC99-X01 autoleads, lets you use the stalk controls, you just get no display where the clock is.