ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

connecting the standard headunit

CLS, RS MEG
Right heres my latest problem. I bought my 172 with an aftermarket head unit installed, which has an autoleads interface to the steering controls. Fine, works great. I also got the standard headunit thrown in the sale, so i've decided to put the original h/u back in, so i can use the autochager.

I've taken out the sony headunit and disconnected all the leads, leaving standard renault loom. I have installed the orignal headunit, but the steering wheel controls dont work, and i cant see a lead for the autochanger behind the headunit. There is one that runs under the carpet to the changer itself? There is a black cable behind the headunit, but it doesnt fit anywhere on the headunit. What is it for?

wire2.gif

wire1.gif

Whats going on???

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Thats the lead that goes to the control box for the stalk adaptor.

You will need to pull the dash off and unplug it from the display and re install the original plugs on the display unit,

CLS, RS MEG
Oh right. What does the end of the CD changer cable look like then? I suppose if the dash has been off to install the autolead, they could of pulled it back behind the dashboard..

Clio200 EDC Lux
You get the changer working as well? If not the plug should look similar to the yellow dash one but its coloured blue.

CLS, RS MEG
I did yes. Once I took the dash out, there was a small blue ISO type connector taped to the underside of the Sony radio cage, plugged it into h/u all worked fine :D