ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connects2 USB interface

FF 182
Just a quickie really. Im after some extra connectivity and prefer to keep the standard set up. Does the USB interface connect to the HU or the changer under the passenger seat?

Thanks.

02 Iceberg 172
I have one - it plugs into the connection for the cd changer on the back of the headunit...

Westfield, 182, 200
Yes! Found it much better than a cd player though, loaded 8gb of mp3 tracks onto an sd card!

FF 182
Yeh true. Why bother burning disc after disc when i can fill a 16gb usb stick up :)

Just out of curiosity, where did you fit the little box?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yeh true. Why bother burning disc after disc when i can fill a 16gb usb stick up :)

Just out of curiosity, where did you fit the little box?

I have 2 of the Ipod controllers (one in each car) and they both fit behind the cd player with the cable connecting to the device through the glove box so the devices are out of sight.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yeh i was thinking the glove box tbh. Any of the dash need to come off to do it that way?

No dash needs to be cosmetically changed...the cable feeds through. Once you have the device in front of you, it will make sense.

172 rag
Can anyone suggests what do i need to connect a usb stick to the std clio 172 cup headunit?

A link will be much appreciated.
Cheers

Westfield, 182, 200
Go on ebay and search for clio connects 2, they're about £60.
It connects into the cd multichanger socket on the radio.
Ian.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I have 2 of the Ipod controllers (one in each car) and they both fit behind the cd player with the cable connecting to the device through the glove box so the devices are out of sight.

I found dropping it behind plastic below the glove box on the right is better. Then at least if you're broken into they wont find the ipod in the glovebox...