ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Contacting previous owner?

Clio 172
Hey. I'm currently on with doing some work to my Clio 172 and would benefit from information about where my car was last serviced.
Unfortunatly...the stamp in the service booklet is smudged and the address is unreadable. I'm considering contacting the previous owner in order to request this info. Good idea / bad idea? Although I could really do with knowing, I'm not sure if a call out of the blue would be appreciated. Opinions welcomed:)

Cheers.
J.

You won't know until you try.

What's the worst that can happen? (It's not a Dr Pepper ad)

'Hi. I bought your old car but I'm just checking out the service history and I can't quite read one of the stamps. It looks like BillyBob Autos but I'm not sure'
'It's actually BillyBen Autos, they're on UpHill Downs, by the traffic lights on the corner. Phone number is 555-123-456'
'Thankyou very much. You've been most helpful. What a wonderful man you are'

Or

'Hi, I bought your old Clio..'
'You f**king what blud? I aint ever 'ad no girly Clio. Don't ever phone me and disrespect me like this again. You get me?!!!!'

Take your chances.

Not sure why anyone would have a problem with it personally.

Just don't phone during Coronation Street. Or X-Factor. Or whatever it is the proles are watching these days.