ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member Looking to buy Clio RS 172/182.

Joejordan

ClioSport Club Member
  N/A
Hello Fellows,

I thought I would introduce myself as a new member. I am currently looking for a retirement toy and keeper, an immaculate Clio RS 172/182 with low miles and low owners. I don't mind paying top price for it and I hope I will be guided, advised and informed by other members as I am new to Clio's. I have already had valuable info from Mark (Mbeau) and have been following his posts. Thank you again Mark. Currently, I live in Spain but will be moving back to UK in the near future, back to Sunny Scotland. I look forward to being involved with the forum and would certainly appreciate any leads in tracking down a suitable car. This will be my retirement toy. Mark has already given me invaluable info on his RB Clio 182 Cup that he recently sold and I have requested further info from the seller. I would also appreciate any info on the following 2004 Mondial Blue Clio 172 Cup with 26k and one previous owner also advertised on ebay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224482932356?hash=item344439b684:g:tqMAAOSwW0Bf6hIJ

Thanks in anticipation, Joe.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Welcome! Obviously it's all down to preference, but I'd be wanting a higher mileage trophy (circa. 100k) for the money that 172 Cup you've linked will probably go for. I'd say as long as it's been well maintained, 100k on one of these cars would scare me a lot less then a car that's been off the road for the best part of 10 years.

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
This one isn't it?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Welcome, and as above really, car that's been off the road nearly a decade would scare the hell out of me. Much better off with a well maintained used car

Joejordan

ClioSport Club Member
  N/A
hopgop1, Luke_Exc,Stuflac & Coops Mk1,

Many thanks for your welcome and replies.
It is the two cars currently advertised on ebay, one is Mark's (Mkbeau) lovely 182 Cup in RB colour which I have made enquiries with the recent owner who lives in Shrewsbury and is now re-selling as he does not want to rack up the miles. It is currently at Birchdown Auto Services in Malpas.
The other is a 172 Cup in Mondial Blue with A/C.

I am favouring a 182 as I think I would prefer ABS and A/C plus I love the RB colour though would also consider others.

Joe

Clio 182
Let us know how you get on finding the new toy. Where in Scotland you moving? See a few newer Clios and Meganes down here but not seen any other 172/182s since I got mine. I know someone has a V6 in Dumfries but don’t think it gets out much.

Joejordan

ClioSport Club Member
  N/A
Cub, thank you. Hello MalcomScotland. Will be moving back to Levenmouth, Fife where I was brought up. Would like to know more about your search and what you bought. I am currently looking for a storage facility if you know of any.

Regards, Joe

Clio 182
I got a silver 182. Pictures are on the new owners thread below this. Not an expert on cars so probably paid over the odds because I wanted 1 and wasn’t in the mood for waiting. Thought I was going to keep it garaged and covered but can’t stop driving it.