ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

contemplation of a faster valver!

2004 Racing Blue 182

i love the engine in my valver but i always have and always will want more out of thecar i own!

therefore i was wondering which is thebest route to take

1. save up fora willy engine transplant with will box

2. as above but with valver box

3. play about with the current 1.8 engine!

im unsure as to which road to take and could do with a little direction as of which way to go.

oh and i dnt want to go daft with the speed, but just enough to get me excited about the prospect of have ing to use the power i have!

thanx for any help anyone offers.

-->BV

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

cheaper to get a willy lump i suppose as its a straight swap and u can flog ur 1800, but if u tune the 1800 you will see nice gains, but still only really over 4k revs. but u could always slap a 2.0 bottom end on later.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

turbo man, in reference to our PM conversations when u gonna come and do mine!!!??? lol

BMW 320d Sport

Turbo if youve got the money, nothing can touch it.

If youre thinking of going 2.0 but clawing back a few quid by flogging the 1.8 with or without the box, then forget it. No-one needs 1.8 F7P lumps, theyre cheap as chips cos R19s used them as well. Tuning a 1.8 can work out a lot cheaper if you do the work yourself - eg a cam swap and some head work, vernier pulleys and a chip. but itll never rock your world like a 2.0 with wilder cams will and youll just be disappointed!

BMW 320d Sport

Say what your budget is and then we can all give you a more informed opinion on the best way to spend it.

buy some billet cams, 285degree jobbies. find a set of second hand 45mm throttle bodies. look on ford n vauxhall websites. buy the inlet manifold from jenvey, and use dta engine managment.

build it all up urself, then get the ecu setup on rolling road.

jimbo

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

u can get em, not from this country though, unless u buy via k-tec! iv got the email of the guy somewhere!

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

So whats the cheapest price do you recon throttle bodies and manifold etc etc (bascially everything needed)can be had for? £1000?

Prima Racing do manifolds and also all parts for a throttle body conversion but you wont have change outtof 2k i think. Assuming youve already got the usual zorst, filter combo, id bung in some some cams, chip and maybe some uprated pistons and gasflow it. Youll get decent power and itd be a good starting point for a future turbo or throttle bodies as youd already have a strong base.....

yeah, their email said that was a complete kit for a tb conversion, goona call tomorrow to find out whats in the kit