ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Controlling aftermarket radio with stalk

Clio DCi 1.5
Hi all,
I'm looking to replace my standard radio in my clio with one that has an AUX in. Does anyone know how I can set it up so that I can still control it through the stalk?

Cheers

Luke

Many.
Assuming the head unit has the possibility of steering wheel controls, you'll just need a connects 2 (Clio specific) interface and then a suitable patch lead. eBay search it.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Hi all,
I'm looking to replace my standard radio in my clio with one that has an AUX in. Does anyone know how I can set it up so that I can still control it through the stalk?

Cheers

Luke

You can get an AUX adapter for the standard unit, will probably work out a lot cheaper.

Clio DCi 1.5
Hi Ollie,
Scratch previous post - just seen on eBay what they are. Does anyone know if the standard Mk2 CD Player has a port for an AUX Adapter?

Thanks guys :) Luke

--Update -- How would I know if it's an update list ?

Clio DCi 1.5
Cheers for the advice Ollie. Would it easier to replace the CD unit with an update list unit from a breakers?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Cheers for the advice Ollie. Would it easier to replace the CD unit with an update list unit from a breakers?

Yours should be an Update List. Does it look like this:

Update-List-Head-Unit.jpg

Or this:

3848826.jpg

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
No doubt yours will be a tuner list

Depends I guess. My parents have a 2005 1.4 16v Expression (they've owned from new) kicking around (with 130,000 on the clocks) that gets used in Winter for popping out and about (both have big and very new German cars that are s**t in the snow - even with proper tyres). That thing has an Update List.

Clio DCi 1.5
Checked guys. It has a tuner list. Can I just swap the unit with one from a mk3 and then get the AUX input? Is it a straight swap?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Before you go down the route of ripping out your CD Player:

1) Turn it on
2) Hold the button down that looks like a musical note
3) Use the track forward button to see if you can see an option to turn AUX on

If you can then that lead I posted should work.