ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Conversion !

were can i get a Renault 5 GT Turbo lump, fitted to my Clio RT?

any web links / phone numbers / prices, as i need to kow how much money to save,

i need 1.2k for my respray in Black with blue/silver flake

cheers marc

Revels Mum & Sister

Firm called GDi have done a Ace job on BRUNS clio.

Search for GDi or PM brun. Also think a firm called Torsion Tuning do them. Both seem to do excellent jobs and are very reasonable!

Cost about £1k with you suppling the engine with no engine work

It sounds quite easy as the parts drop in ie no majour mods but then again brain surgery is easy for a brain surgeon.

EDD

Skoda Fabia vRS

its true that in a lot of ways its an easy conversion but personally i wouldnt do it myself

ring Andy at GDI - 07010 716440 an he will sort u out, if you want any pics of mine email me mailto:brun@cliosport.net">brun@cliosport.net

also do a search on this forum and loads of pics are on here

budget at the very least £1k plus donor car, but trust me you will end up spending more than that so budget at least 2k cos once its started there will be loads of stuff you wanna do to the engine and bits you wanna add on like induction kit, silicone hoses etc etc.....

Skoda Fabia vRS

oh an yea its a bit of a trip to Cambridge but i live in St Helens so im not that far from you really and it was worth the trip to have a proper job done

i asked around locally and most places wouldnt consider it, the others just didnt sound like they knew what they were doing, whereas Andy most certainly does, i doubt you will have anyone take the time and care he does with your car

yeah defo go for Andy @ GDI call him on 07010 716440 he knows what he is on about and wont give ya any crap about this needs doing n that needs doing etc!!

Have left my 16v in the hands of Andy for my Willy conversion!!:D

Skoda Fabia vRS

you WILL need a complete donor car, its not worth gettin stuff seperately it will end up costin you more and be too much of a ball ache

i got a runnin donor car for £350 and sold it for £100 minus quite a number of parts

yea ill be havin words with andy some time over new yr just need to save alittle more money now, i got bout 800quid saved now, but being that ive only just turned 19 and only have 1yrs no claims i might have to w8 till i get my 2yrs no claims in august, so buy then ill have sh*te loads off money saved, so ill have the engine tuned up to the bollox :D

ne ways cheers for all the info, Brun can u send me some pics plz m8, to mailto:inz@blueyonder.co.uk">inz@blueyonder.co.uk

cheers marc

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

look forward to hearing from you marc.....

give us a buzz if you need any info in the mean time

Andy

GDI