ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

converting a phase 1 172 to cup as we dont have them here

black 172 phase1
I live in australia and because of that we dont the 172 cup here, I am interested in converting my phase 1 sunflower yellow to cup spec what would i be looking at doing would it be possible to do
Could someone please adivse me of what the cup has which i different in all regards
thanks

a ph1 is only about 40-45kg heavier than a cup

whereas a ph2 is about 100 kilos heavier

not much needed to stick with a cup to be honest

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
on the suspension side of things you would want the dampers, springs, and wider track wheels. not sure if their is any difference to the ARB or not?

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
A Ph1 172 was reported by Reno to weigh 1035 kg and the 172 Cup was 1021 kg. The Cup was reported to weigh 80 kg less than the Ph2 172. So save some weight by perhaps stripping the aircon out of your Sunflower version and fitting lighter weight wheels.

The suspension is diff as stated and the 172 Cup had no ABS (or aircon!).

Chocolate Bar™
Just take the spare and rear seats out, jobs a good un! As fro suspension, just gets some decent coilovers although i found my ph1 172 suspension to be more than adequate.

black 172 phase1
cheeers have already taken spare wheel out, didnt realise the phase1 was so light in comparison to the others, i will look at taking some more weight out of it in places i dont use the aircon so that could go abs i just pull the fuse when racing, might look at some wheel spacers to widen the track as i wish to keep ph1 wheels couldnt be bothered spending the money on some turinis spend it elsewhere in cams etc