ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cookie's wife's 2011 Mazda MX-5

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
With the lease on the Juke ending in a few weeks, HRH decided she wanted an MX-5. Actually, she decided she wanted one like a year ago

It's a 2011 Kendo model, I get the impression most MX-5s are a special edition. 2L, folding hardtop, grey seats

It's dolphin grey which is a pain in the tits to take a picture of. It's mostly green ATM because the sun has gone for the year.

Has done 68k, needs wheels refurbed and was 7.5k. One owner from new. Few scrapes here and there but in good condition for the most part. Full Mazda service history which is nice

No plans for it, needs a good polish and that's about all. Maybe a stereo from this century
IMG-20171001-WA0017.jpeg

This is the only picture I have of it clean (and it's not even all of the car). Can probably see the corrosion on the wheels (and the scrapes)

I'll try and take a better picture tomorrow.. or at least one with the whole car in the frame

Swift Sport
Driven a couple of these this year... Fantastic to drive but desperately lacking in power, especially low-down. If I ever buy one I'll go down the N/A mods route, probably from BBR.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Driven a couple of these this year... Fantastic to drive but desperately lacking in power, especially low-down. If I ever buy one I'll go down the N/A mods route, probably from BBR.
I don't understand this.. if you want more power and more sliding just buy an M3

As for wife pictures.. I'm sure there are plenty of her on CS already

14316991_10157368946595696_1558402024339352055_n.jpg

The only recent one I can find from last year, she's the impure one in white (bonus, I'm in it too)

Swift Sport
I don't understand this.. if you want more power and more sliding just buy an M3

As for wife pictures.. I'm sure there are plenty of her on CS already

14316991_10157368946595696_1558402024339352055_n.jpg

The only recent one I can find from last year, she's the impure one in white (bonus, I'm in it too)
- Finding a good clean M3 is much harder.
- Once you find one it's considerably more than an MX-5, both to buy and run.
- I can get cheap Mazda's, which is the main reason!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice... Can't decide if this is the same colour of Luke's or not!

Oh and for some reason I actually prefer the soft top on the Mx5. Seems to suit it.

Great gearbox and engine combo. Great car.

Ill honestly be shocked if even mr skittles manages to break this!

Listerine & Poledo
Kendo is an SE Model with:

A different paint code (better than the standard range of black, silver or red)
Different colour interior trim (Something other than black)
BOSE & Bluetooth
Cruise
Front fogs

It didn't get the Sport bits (LSD, Bilsteins) but is still a lovely machine, especially in PRHT guise ("Power retractable Hard Top"). the 2.0 wont get anyone in trouble with pace, but it's a better cruiser than, say, the 1.8 Mk1/2/2.5

Basically, 9/10...needs a welded diff and cheap eBay coils.

Listerine & Poledo
Been enjoying it so far tbh, wife likes it too. She didn't need an LSD.
Quite frankly, unless it gets another 90hp up it, no MX5 needs an LSD.
And lowering them doesn't help matters either. Although I'd imagine there's no such plans anyway.

Just be sure to give the roof hinges a check over the summer. They're pretty much bulletproof but you can be sure that
1) If anyone will have a problem with it, it's going to be you
2) If it's going to be a dick, it'll be at the most inconvenient time.

It's rare to have a problem. Compared to, say, an EOS, it's a simple piece of kit, but checking the mechanism for grease, tight bolts etc will keep it in order.

Suzuki Jimny
Quite frankly, unless it gets another 90hp up it, no MX5 needs an LSD.
And lowering them doesn't help matters either. Although I'd imagine there's no such plans anyway.

Just be sure to give the roof hinges a check over the summer. They're pretty much bulletproof but you can be sure that
1) If anyone will have a problem with it, it's going to be you
2) If it's going to be a dick, it'll be at the most inconvenient time.

It's rare to have a problem. Compared to, say, an EOS, it's a simple piece of kit, but checking the mechanism for grease, tight bolts etc will keep it in order.

I make full use of the LSD on mine :grimacing: