ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooksport or coilovers.

Clio 172 turbo
null_zps34313b54.jpg

null_zps2a4ca81e.jpg
These photos don't fill me with hope on the low side of things.
But I do like this

ejy2a2y8.jpg

172 cup
looking at the part numbers here says different
172 ph2 front shocks - 8200681106 - £43.66
172 ph2 rear shocks - 8200662257 - £43.66
172 cup front shocks - 8200681108 - £43.66
172 cup rear shocks - 8200662257 - £43.66

Thanks for the offer but I'd rarther buy new as there not that expensive.

To quote the all knowledgable Fred- 8200681125 is the correct number for 172CUP (is same as 182CUP)

That fine Adam does a good deal on them.

172 cup
The pictures of mine were take a few days after fitting and have dropped 3-5 mm. Also bare in mind they are 15" wheels.

But like everyone has said unless you spend 6-700+, you will end up sacrificing handling to get lower

Clio 172 turbo
The pictures of mine were take a few days after fitting and have dropped 3-5 mm. Also bare in mind they are 15" wheels.

But like everyone has said unless you spend 6-700+, you will end up sacrificing handling to get lower

I don't want to sacrifice handling but I don't care about comfort.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I had eibach sportlines on my 182 on standard wheels and on 15's with standard shocks. The ride was great, very comfortable and took cornering well but being on 15" it needed a drop.

I then had vmaxx coilovers on 15's. The look was spot on due to having height adjustment and the ride wasnt as bad as everyone makes out. On a smooth road they are fine but can be crashy on a more bumpy road. My rears gave way after a year or so, so I had trophy shocks on the rear with the coilovers still on the front and the coilover rear springs still in. I ran this setup for another year.

I then decided to move to cooksport springs and standard shocks on 15's. I got a set off cup packed fronts off a friend that had done 20k and I bought brand new rears. The ride was nice. Not as nice as the sportlines but looked better. The ride felt better on the cooksports than the vmaxx but didn't look as good. I then took my 15's off and put on 16" cup turinis. Once again the look was great from a spring but I noticed that it felt more crashy over a bumpy road, very similar to when I had vmaxx on.

Ive found that the cooksports seem to look perfect on the rear but a tad high on the front. However it has been mentioned that it'll be the cheaper option and will last the longest overtime.

This is just my opinion on my experience. My car was used as a daily and never track used.

Last edited:
  Clio 172 turbo
What spacers do you guys use with the cooksports. 15 mm front And 20mm rear with 1degree of camber I was thinking.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I have 15mm per side fronts and 10mm per side rears. they are fine on the standard ET43 cup wheels, but on the ET37 Williams 15's they scrub on bouncy bumps!

no camber though on mine, they are standard hub type spacers, not the bolt behind shims

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I have 20mm on the front with 1.5 degree of camber and 15mm on the rear.. Running 16x7J ET40 Speedlines.

172/B8 Quattro
IMO the 15" look better on cooksports than the 16". There's just something about the 16 lowered, just look a bit big for the car sort of thing.

Re spacers, I'm running 16mm hub all round with et45 with no rubbing issues so far.