ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant issues

Dave182T

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 182 turbo
Hi guys,

Got an issue with my 182, with an ED low boost turbo kit on it (if it makes any difference) Ive had it all in pieces over winter so full engine and rad were drained. Issue is now that after about a 30 minute drive the coolant desides to s**t its self out the coolant bottle. Tried a new genuine Renault coolant cap and does have forge coolant hose and a direnza rad.

Any suggestions welcome.

Dave182T

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 182 turbo
Should mention, new genuine thermostat, type d renault coolant and does get up to tempreture (maybe a bar under half way) and have roasting air out the heater.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Sounds like air in the system, did you bleed it properly when putting it back together ?

Dave182T

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 182 turbo
Sounds like air in the system, did you bleed it properly when putting it back together ?
Thought this too much not sure what i can do differently. Bleed screw in the thermostat housing out, keep filling up the bottle until it starts coming out, bolt back in, fill up to max, cap on and fast idle until upto temperature then top up as needed?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
or

there’s a split hose that opens up when the car is up to temperature. I had something similar happen on my Megane and it’s not actually all coming from the cap.

I’d pressure test the system and the cap.

Dave182T

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 182 turbo
or

there’s a split hose that opens up when the car is up to temperature. I had something similar happen on my Megane.
Theres no evidence of spilt coolant or residue anywhere and it always goes back to the same spot once its cooled down, given it doesnt overflow.

Dave182T

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 182 turbo
Gave everything a proper once over and discovered the coolant bottle had a slight hairline crack on the threads so wasn't able to build up pressure. Spare one in and alls good.