ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant Loss

FF 182
So got some new forge hoses fitted a week ago now, i knew i would loose some coolant over the first few days while it all pressurised etc again however i noticed some puddle patches under the car.

After investigating i saw some wetness around one of the jubilee clips so tightened it all up and the puddles seem to have disappeared. Result.

However my coolant still seems to be going down? Any ideas? Surely changing the coolant pipes and putting new coolant in can't do any damage?

I know coolant levels going down can be headgasket problems but i have no symptoms of that at all, car runs fine.

Does it just take time for the water level to stabalise? didn't have any leak before the hoses were changed.

Any help appreciated, its a FF 182 btw

FF 182
And the coolant was leaking from near the bulk head area as there was water on the gearbox side, not sure if that helps, hence tighetening all of those clips it seems to have stopped. I have read waterpump etc but i'm not sure at all, can't see it suddenly failing from changing coolant hoses?

How did you connect the pipes to the heater matrix? I tried jubilee clips tightened as much as I could and the pipes could still be pulled off! Once I changed my coolent I took the car out for a run then checked in the morning, topped up and since been fine

FF 182
used the same clips on the old hoses for heater matrix, spliced the the old hoses to get the plastic bits off and fitted the new hoses onto them.

Looks like the leak is coming from near the ras from one of the hoses where 2 hoses join together, one wasn;t quit tight enough, water was dripping into the understray and running along to the back making it seem the drippign was coming from the back of the engine, will take it out for a run later to see if its cured the problem (also sliced my thumb slipping off a jubilee clip :( )

Yea I did the same cutting the old plastics off, thought it might be coming from there being the back of the bay

But good stuff hopefully will be alright now :)