ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant (Wrong Colour!)

Clio 172
No need to worry bout sounding rude- i dont take offence easy, and your not rude

Thats the problem with no Haynes manual around. I know my way around a Citroen DS3 pretty well, and know quite a lot bout the THP engine- nothing about the VVT 2.0 Renaulsport tho
Am learning a little at a time

Yes- will leave well alone the coolant i think. looks and tastes clean as a whistle- new pipework too
Where is the thermostat housing. All Ive found so far is brake fluid, coolant top up, and oil
Mind you, only spent about 2 minutes under the bonnet so far.... the weekend beckons altho a machine polish first

Oh right I assumed you didn't know what a thermostat housing would look like rather than you just haven't looked. The thermostat housing is on the right hand side of the engine, with all the pipes going in to it. on the side is a bleed screw (literally a bolt, that's the same as the bolts holding the housing on to the block). To drain you need to take the bottom radiator hose off but due to location these have a tendancy to rust and snap when you try to take them off so if you need the car to get to the local factors, best buy a new one first, they are also difficult to get to without a remote hose pliers. A heat gun on the radiator hose should make life much easier as its hard to get any decent leverage on it to pull it off. To fill it and bleed it is as described above, just make sure the fan kicks in (takes about 20mins) while bleeding to ensure the thermo has opened and run the hot blowers in the car to open the matrix valve.

It is pretty difficult to go wrong, but if you notice any unusual activity with the temp guage or theres no hot air coming out of the heaters, do it again as there may still be air trapped in the system which will cause hot spots.

Last edited: