ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coolent always low

So you have a leek then ? lol.

Im no expert in mechanics but it seems obvious you have. see if you can find out where its coming from and repair it yourself if you can.

Or if you dont fancy fiddling around take it to a garage.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
i hate threads like this asking where its leaking from... wtf just go and look you plonker:rasp:

i hate threads like this asking where its leaking from... wtf just go and look you plonker:rasp:

sorry i came to this forum for help. any possible ways to check where it could be leaking from any tests or ways to find where it is leaking from. and if you have nothing helpfull to say why say anything.

Titanium 182
Can you not just jack the front of the car up and look around the coolant/radiator hoses ? theres only a couple it can't really be that hard to locate...

If its just a small hole dry it off and whack an elastoplast on it ! ;)

Aluco, i just had a nose, i topped up last night and it has not lost any as of yet. ill keep a close eye on it. might just pop it down to k tec if i can not locate the problem.

thank you for your help

Titanium 182
I topped up my coolant three times at home and kept wondering why everytime i checked it at work it was showing as low. I thought i had a leak. then i looked at it at home and it was over the max. Then i realised... I park on a hill at work :eek:

Is it a 172?

If so, check the little plastic bung thing that screws in the rad. Mine had snapped and this was why mine was leaking.

If its not a 172, then i dont know if all the rads are the same.

Ph1 172 + Combo van

sorry i came to this forum for help. any possible ways to check where it could be leaking from any tests or ways to find where it is leaking from. and if you have nothing helpfull to say why say anything.
i didnt mean to sound rude but it is impossible really for us to tell you where it is leaking from without looking. it isn't hard just get in there with a torch and look around the engine bay for leaks and you will be able to spot it. then you can tell what you need to do as in buy a new hose some where, secure the hose more efficiently, make sure it isn't rubbing on anything. not hard matey just give it a go, if you really cant find it take it to a garage