ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cordless impact driver

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Any recommendations for a small, cheap, reliable cordless impact driver?
I don't need mega torque (I've got a corded clarke version for that), just enough for wheels nuts. Preferably something a good size for when under the car and in awkward spaces.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I got a ryobi one off SGS for £140 or summat. absolutely bang on. 4ah battery I think too

This one:

Ryobi ONE+ R18IW3-140SS 18V, 400Nm Impact Wrench with 4Ah Battery, Charger and 1/2" Drive Deep Air Socket Set
R18IW3-140SS

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
As mentioned, the ryobi stuff is great. Plenty of tools you can run off the same batteries too. The tyre inflator is so useful

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I am using the 2ah batteries, fine for wheel bolts and things. Probably going to upgrade to a bigger one in future tho

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I use the above 3/8 stubby and it undoes my wheel bolts fine, even with a 3/8 to 1/2 adaptor. I wouldn't recommend rattling them back on, i think that put some extra pressure on my studs that saw them snap during torquing. Problem with a 1/2 is access into places and having to manouvre the weight whilst on your back.

Should see the size of my foreskin though.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I use the above 3/8 stubby and it undoes my wheel bolts fine, even with a 3/8 to 1/2 adaptor. I wouldn't recommend rattling them back on, i think that put some extra pressure on my studs that saw them snap during torquing. Problem with a 1/2 is access into places and having to manouvre the weight whilst on your back.

Should see the size of my foreskin though.

Use mode 1 mate, that's 85nm max.

I use that all the time for tightening wheels.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Go full hog and get the 3/4 drive milwaukee if that wont take ur nuts off then nowt will🤣🤣 having said that u didnt say what vehilce the nuts attached to whether it car or truck nah def pay the extra and go for milwaukee u wont regret it