ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corsa or clio

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
as a general guide, if you ask on a clio forum the general concensus will be towards the clio....

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd have a Corsa over a none sport clio any day, superior car in comparrison IMO.

Neither are the best car on the planet.

Plus on deciding which would be best depends on what age the person is and what they want the car for etc.

172 Credit crunch edition
I had a 1.6 corsa sport about 4 years ago and tbh i would say it's better than a 1.6 clio any day of the week (sister in law has one) but does not compare in any way to a 1*2's

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
1.6 would be the first shape corsa, there shite, but 2000 to now ones were good.

visualize whirled pe
I had a 1.6 corsa sport about 4 years ago and tbh i would say it's better than a 1.6 clio any day of the week (sister in law has one) but does not compare in any way to a 1*2's

I used to drive corsa (B's) daily in my job and even learned in one, so I have loads of fond memories of them.

I convinced my mum to buy a 1.6 sport (C) for a run around which I later drove for a few months when I was without a car and loved it. My mate had a GSi in dark grey that looked and sounded great but I can safely say that from my experience neither of the 1.6 corsas (B or C) I've been in or driven felt as quick or handled as well as my RSi 1.6..

If it is the build quality you are refering to then I agree the corsa was better / felt tougher and the bodywork seemed less prone to picking up car park dents than the clio.

320d
i could have got a corsa but i chose the clio because the cheaper corsa's (C) where dodgy, very dodgy the interior is awful etc, i wouldnt of minded a twinport sxi but i got my 55 plate clio extreme for £3500 with 30,000 on the clock i'm hardly going to complain. wanted a clio anyway off gut feeling

Shed.
id go for a clio becaus ei love clios. but the corsas aint bad. i wouldnt have one because they look gehy though. ive had a go with the 1.2 corsas on backroads before and the corsa was slightly faster. also. the twinport 1.2 version which was even faster.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
i nearly had a sxi corsa before i had chose my first clio billabong. at the time i had a nova, and the corsa was just like i was still in the nova, thought it was rubbish! clio much better imo of course!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
This was my beast, loved it, corsa was in www.parkers.co.uk top 10 most reliable cars, even beat the mini.

FrontPassside.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm not saying there good, not bad for my car when i was 18 though :) Just i'd have one over a clio.

t3 corolla 116bhp
corsa C interiors are a real put off IMO.
looks like they've been finished with pieces of kit bought in a pound shop.

clios are much nicer inside by comparison. my bro has an 02 sxi and i have an 02 dynamique. the dynamique is way better finished

172 Cup (Iceberg)
My only experience of Corsa's was a few years back i had to rent one for 2 weeks ........ i enjoyed it, it was only a 1.2 16v but really pokey in town. Anyways i gave it a good clean before it was due back. That night bought a big bottle of coke from the shop and put it in the back seat. 5 minutes down the road the bottle had pierced on the seat frame underneath the seat!!! Coca cola went everywhere! Still gives me nightmares to this day.

So if you are scared of exploding bottles of coke i would say a Clio. :)

172 cup
corsa is WAY better than 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6 clio's

I had a 53 plate 1.2 16v was a great car and i loved it. It got some serious abuse and in three years i didnt have one problem, no rattles either!

visualize whirled pe
corsa is WAY better than 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6 clio's

I had a 53 plate 1.2 16v was a great car and i loved it. It got some serious abuse and in three years i didnt have one problem, no rattles either!

Interesting. What areas would you say the corsa is WAY better?

Perhaps on the 1.2 and 1.4 clio, as I havent had much experience with them so I cant really comment.
On the 1.6 (which is what this thread is about) handeling, braking and performance are certainly not WAY better, I'd say the Corsa C 1.6 16v are similar to the clio in terms of performance but it is noticeable they lack in the handeling abillity of a clio (even with lotus engineered suspension and chassis), however build quality and price of parts is where the corsa's are better.

The corsa C 1.6 16v (2000>) is more compairable to a clio MK2 Ph2 1.6 16v (2001>) but I doubt any experienced driver would say a standard corsa handels better than a standard clio and there is barely anything in the performance apart from better build quality.

The corsa B 1.6 16v (built from 1993>) are not quite as good as the clio MK2 Ph1 1.6 16v (1998>) imo. the clio is better in all areas other than build quality.
The early corsa B's have dismal handeling, you've overlooked this. It took lotus to step in and 'help' sort that problem out and even then, one of the worlds leading sports car handeling experts, couldn't set the world on fire with the corsa's abillity, now it could just go around corners like a normal car.

Having plenty of experience with both cars I can safely say the corsa is not WAY better than a clio.

Last edited: