ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corvette C6.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Friend of mine just jacked in his Z4M for something a little quicker. 450bhp, 6.0 V8. It sounds immense and absolutely shifts. Like, really shifts. Like, time travel.

Anyway, this sort of thing isn't really my cup of tea really but I've fallen in love with the noise and torque.

7616650162_a6e266b7a3_z.jpg

Corvette C6 by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

7616639750_8fd5367734_z.jpg

7616642840_07ca296d03_z.jpg

7616646728_cee2d174f1_z.jpg

Have a few video's I'm splicing together as we speak.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Isn't that the LS2 engine that comes in the Monaro VXR?

If it is, tell him to get some decats. The noise will double.

The only (and I stress the only) thing that puts me off, is LHD.

Epic in every other way. There's no replacement for displacement :D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It's got some sort of 'zaust on it as it is! VERY loud. So much popping, it's comedy. It's also managed to re-arrange most of my internal organs... and my hair. 6.0 V8 hairstyle ftw!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It's got some sort of 'zaust on it as it is! VERY loud. So much popping, it's comedy. It's also managed to re-arrange most of my internal organs... and my hair. 6.0 V8 hairstyle ftw!

Oh nice. I look forward to the vid then! :D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
IN HD.

https://vimeo.com/46151854

[video=vimeo;46151854]https://vimeo.com/46151854[/video]

I've always thought they were s**t Dan. Now.... not so much. It kinda works, just because of the torque. So useful on the road if you think about it. You don't even need a gap to overtake, you just make your own.

Swift Sport
Sounds good, although my mates Sierra is louder still...

Would rather have the Corvette though personally!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The speedo does seem to climb VERY fast.

Cheers! I chose for us to go somewhere that looked REALLY english to shoot it, as it's American lol.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
[video=youtube_share;PQDhS3kcmE8]http://youtu.be/PQDhS3kcmE8?hd=1[/video]

After it breaking (Hole in the radiator due to meteorite sized stone) it's now back up and running and he's done a little vid.

His GoPro is sitting far back but it's still blowing the mic LOL. Evil noise.

Turbos.
Z06 is a whole different ball game and the only one i'd justify over a M3/911 type car personally.

I see they are more affordable now, the one linked above is a huge amount of car for the money! Got to hate the disease that is temptation with cars!

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
a lad i know has one with the borla with somesort of valve in it and it sounds amazing on full pedal

love this colour

Disastra Coupe
Was looking at a few of these with a friend at a car meet last night. She was in love with them but i was really struggling... I mean, they're nice - but i can think of far nicer cars to own!

Love these so so much.

Saw a few at the 'ring and they don't half pelt out a noise! Something about that amount of straightline speed that's effortlessly cool.

RB 182 195bhp
Awesome cars, anything after a 'c4' so 1984 handles well, transverse leaf springs, 1g cornering ablility accoring too the of the time reviews. Under powered untill 92 when they got the LT-1 though