ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cost of colour coding!

havn't post the pics yet because he was meant to rub done my 16V badges and instead cut coners and stuck 2.0Ltr badges on to save him time and hoped i wouldn't notice being rectified this thursday, if he gets he arse in gear. This was NOT my fault and i do feel like a t**t driving around with 2.0ltr badges on a 1.2, was very angry with the guy and he knows it!

did it myself, take your time and you can get just as good effect as a bodyshop, with tiny costs comparitively....

DSC02252.gif

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
r there any guides on DIYing it, how much cud i expect to pay, matt paint for mine, not metalic like ures maybe cheaper where u get a match colour from

mask it off, sand down with increasingly fine papers to get a smooth finish, prime, smooth again between coats of primer. spray colour layers, again, fine sanding between coats. can get paints from most motor places, get your paint code off the vin plate. finish with a few coats of clear laquer then remove the masking. best to save it for a warm few days, or if you can remove the bits (bumpers etc) for a few days, spray them up in your garage or something. leave them to dry and go off well between coats. should be sorted then.

EDIT: and don't forget to give it a good polish once its all done.

r there any guides on DIYing it, how much cud i expect to pay, matt paint for mine, not metalic like ures maybe cheaper where u get a match colour from

i got all my paint from halfrauds, first couple of cans were rubbish, but they got there in the end.

you can get it from a nother store online which is more than a tenner a can but is an exact colour match.

there is a giude on here, a really detailed one, but what has already been said is dead on, ie time, sanding and preparation. make sure surface is v v v v smooth and clean with turps to get rid of any oils or waxes from cleaning. if yours is a matt colour Im not sure about sanding the paint on its final coat, you only do that for pearlescents and metallics i think, but not sure, like i say there is an in depth guide on here somewhere.

i ended up totalling around 85 squids for mine, including all materials, but they did me a deal on paint because i bought so much in one go.

jamie

Blue Clio 182
I paid £352.00 for all bumbers, handles, side strip and 16v badges and grille done in silver, cant really see but i havent got any day time photos!! If I could have done it myself i would have but id have made a right pigs ear of it!!

12.jpg

18.jpg

none :(
I paid £250 for a Keyed panel to be done plus my mirror bases,spoiler,door handles,bumpers,side strips,airel mount

1.6 16v
rite can someone please list all materials needed how much of each and a proper detailed process! thanks

BMW M135i
£120 for front bumper insert, rear bumper insert and sidestrips colourcoded pearl black. Handles were £20 on there own previously. Mailorder job, remove the parts (not too hard) send them off and they come back colour coded. Few people including me have had them done by this person, had mine done about 4/5 months now and they've been fine.

Email charlotte.edwards1000@ntlworld.com for a quote, say I sent you from here. Service is spot on too.

BMW M135i
Mine did, but you can never be absolutely perfect unless you've got the car in front of you. But for the price i'd risk it, don't think anyone else has found them not to match drastically.
Also depends what colour it is, silver is VERY hard to colour match.

2003 Clio 1.2 16v 172 rep
I got my rear, sides, spoiler front handles and m3 mirrors all done for £120. Looked good for about 6 months but now it looks shite. Parts of paint cracking off and the parts have lost their shine. My advice is to spend a bit more to get it done right or else you'll regret it.