ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Could I Fail The M.O.T For..

BMW 323i Coupe
I am hopefully booking my M.O.T for this Saturday, however today I've had a problem with the drivers seat. When I go to pull the lever up to get access to the back seat, it doesn't do anything.

It doesn't have the same resistance to it as when you do it to the passenger seat works. Just wondering if this would fail the M.O.T as it obstructs access?

Also, any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Astra Twintop
Cable has become unhooked from the seat mech id imagine.

Cant see it being difficult to fix

Mk2 Clio dci
Don't think it'd fail because you can get in the other side.
The part (hook) the cable attaches to could be broke as i've seen that happen a few times.
Easy to fix though!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Doubt that will be checked on the MOT.

As said above the cable will no longer be attached, happened on a mates clio too.

I'll join in this game.

Could I fail the MOT for... having a screw in the NSR tyre? Its been in there for months but doesn't loose any pressure. Plenty of tread, just this screw which is quite happy sitting there. Fail?

BMW 323i Coupe
I'm so fed up of this French piece of s**t. Everytime I fix one thing, another thing breaks.

If this problem won't affect the MOT, then I will get the MOT done next week, because I am taking the car to auction.

Da

Less
It's an easy fix, you just need to reattach the cable to the handle.

Dan - no it wont fail, only tread is checked for legality.

Combo
I've got the same problem as you mate, and I had an MOT last week and nothing was mentioned.

You'll be fine (presuming the rest of the car is OK ;))

BMW 323i Coupe
I've got the same problem as you mate, and I had an MOT last week and nothing was mentioned.

You'll be fine (presuming the rest of the car is OK ;))

Thank you mate.

I dare not say anything about the car until after it's been in, as my luck will make something bad happen no doubt.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'll join in this game.

Could I fail the MOT for... having a screw in the NSR tyre? Its been in there for months but doesn't loose any pressure. Plenty of tread, just this screw which is quite happy sitting there. Fail?

Wont fail because of that buddy, I just got it as an Advisery on mine and they told me to get it plugged. <£10

oh, it's already got a plug in it too... lol

new tyres after xmas, but the MOT comes first. Happy days if it's not a fail :D