ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of Detailing Questions

basically my car has never had anything than a wash with megs gold class, going to tackle it thursday and spend a full day on it....The car was clayed a few weeks ago to remove some marks but had nothing else after it, apart from washes.

Am i correct in saying:

Wash, Dry, SRP, Then apply a wax, then few coats of EGP to seal?

If so, what should i be applying SRP/Wax/EGP with? These, or These?

Then to remove the product, just normal microfibres?

thanks!

106 GTi
EGP then Wax.

Build up a few layers of EGP ( needs to be 24 hours apart really) then add some wax when you are happy with the EGP layers.

Apply them with foam applicators remove witha Microfiber cloth.

ok cool

foam applicators.......one use only or can they be washed and reused? what would you recommend?

cheers :)

Shed.
ok cool

foam applicators.......one use only or can they be washed and reused? what would you recommend?

cheers :)

meggys foam pads from halfords. Ive always found them to be s**t for applying anything else other than wax. Applying wax is perfect when you use a foam pad, if you can, get on cleanyourcar and get the blue pearl Microfibre applicators for the super resin polish. but i guess its all personal preference isnt it.

Can be reused. But try and use the same ones for the same jobs!

Exactly.

I do reccomend using Super resin polish, its a great product, only needs to be applied thinly or youll get lots of dust from the polish. As for the sealant, if your okay waiting 24 hours then go for EGP, if not, skip it and just use a wax. if you want a sealant and dont want to wait, use jeffs acrylic jetseal, its a case of apply, and buff straight off, fantastic product.

fiesta 1.25
Whats the difference in using foam applicators as opposed to microfibres?
Would it be worth doing SRP,EGP,wax,glaze as ive just been glazing my car for the last few details.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Out of interest, how often will this process need to be repeated?
Seems like quite a bit of work when we live in Britain, a lovely area of the world renowned for it's blistering hot summers and total lack of dirty rain and mud spray!

16v Dynamique
Would it be worth doing SRP,EGP,wax,glaze as ive just been glazing my car for the last few details.

No point glazing over the top of a wax because it will not last at all, a few days at the most. If you wanted to use a glaze you would have to do SRP, glaze, wax. Sealant wouldn't bond to the glaze.

Microfibre tend to give more bite when polishing.

106 GTi

I use m/f applicators if I want to add more bite to the polishes.

Seems like quite a bit of work when we live in Britain, a lovely area of the world renowned for it's blistering hot summers and total lack of dirty rain and mud spray!

Polish and EGP once every 3/4 months, wax monthly.

No point glazing over the top of a wax because it will not last at all, a few days at the most. If you wanted to use a glaze you would have to do SRP, glaze, wax. Sealant wouldn't bond to the glaze.

A Pure Glaze like Megs #7 can actually work well after a sealant if they are cleaner free, I tend to chuck on a coat of glaze and then wax over the top before a show even if there is a sealant under it for some added looks.

BMW E46 330i Touring
use jeffs acrylic jetseal, its a case of apply, and buff straight off, fantastic product.

Think you've mixed up two sealants mate, it's either Chemical Guys (I think) Jetseal 109, or (Jeffs) Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger - the Jeffs bit is no more.

16v Dynamique
I use m/f applicators if I want to add more bite to the polishes.

A Pure Glaze like Megs #7 can actually work well after a sealant if they are cleaner free, I tend to chuck on a coat of glaze and then wax over the top before a show even if there is a sealant under it for some added looks.

I was talking about bonding issues of a sealant on top of a glaze, not glaze on top of a sealant. But you are right, my favorite combo at one point was SRP, EGP, #7 then P21S.

Ian

Focus TDCi

Ah right that's not too bad really, cheers.