ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of interior Q's

just a couple of quickys lol

firstly, when I put my outside lights on like my side lights/dipped headlights and taillights on at night for example, obviously all my dash dials light up, e.g. heater controls, speedo + rev counter, stereo buttons, electric window switches

but I've noticed my electric mirrors switch knob thingy and the wee dots it points to so you know whether when you adjust the knob it'll move your passenger or drivers side glass about isnt lit up.

is this normal? i.e. if I wanted to adjust my mirrors when its dark I wouldnt be able to cos I cant see the fecking leccy mirror switch as its not lit up like all my other switches

secondly, my car doesnt sound a warning sound/chime if you turn the engine off but leave the key in the ignition and then open the drivers door. I still get the warning chime If I leave my lights on then turn the engine off and open the door but not if I "forget" to remove my key, is my warning chime FUBAR'd or does my car just not have a "ignition key left in ignition" warning chime.

lastly, does the clio's trip computer or anything have things like "low brake fluid level" or bulb failure warning messages enabled on it like Vauxhall trip computers do??

car is a 2004 '04' MK2 Phase 3 1.2 Dynamique btw

is this normal? i.e. if I wanted to adjust my mirrors when its dark I wouldnt be able to cos I cant see the fecking leccy mirror switch as its not lit up like all my other switches

secondly, my car doesnt sound a warning sound/chime if you turn the engine off but leave the key in the ignition and then open the drivers door. I still get the warning chime If I leave my lights on then turn the engine off and open the door but not if I "forget" to remove my key, is my warning chime FUBAR'd or does my car just not have a "ignition key left in ignition" warning chime.

lastly, does the clio's trip computer or anything have things like "low brake fluid level" or bulb failure warning messages enabled on it like Vauxhall trip computers do??
Why do you need the switch lit up it isn't lit up though? Just remember which was to turn it shouldn't ever need to look at it.

There no warning if you've left your keys in the car after all whats the risk?

There a warning light on the dash for low fluid level

Indicator failure is shown up by the relays clicksing at douible normal speed you cannot tell if the lights have failed other than its darker outside.

Why do you need the switch lit up it isn't lit up though? Just remember which was to turn it shouldn't ever need to look at it.

There no warning if you've left your keys in the car after all whats the risk?

There a warning light on the dash for low fluid level

Indicator failure is shown up by the relays clicksing at douible normal speed you cannot tell if the lights have failed other than its darker outside.

firstly, I was only asking if the electric mirror switch is meant to light up along with all the other dash dials and switches when you switch your outside lights on, or if infact its normal that it isnt lit up at night when all the other switches are.

again, with the "key left in ignition with drivers door open" warning chime, I was only asking if theres meant to be a warning chime for that or if again its normal that it doesnt sound a warning chime if you leave the key in,

and cheers for the info on the bulb failures. it would seem renault trip computers have a bit to go to match vauxhall trip computers then lol as they can actually tell you for example "warning! left brakelight bulb failure"

and cheers for the info on the bulb failures. it would seem renault trip computers have a bit to go to match vauxhall trip computers then lol as they can actually tell you for example "warning! left brakelight bulb failure"

I'm not that impressed with much of the VX stuff . Noone IMO realy needs a dashboard telling them there lights don't work. Plus i just more things to go wrong.

just a couple of quickys lol

but I've noticed my electric mirrors switch knob thingy and the wee dots it points to so you know whether when you adjust the knob it'll move your passenger or drivers side glass about isnt lit up.

doesnt light up

no chime

nope

think thats it

"Navy" N17 TWO

I'm not that impressed with much of the VX stuff . Noone IMO realy needs a dashboard telling them there lights don't work. Plus i just more things to go wrong.

Yeah, just make regular checks on your car, so you at least pretend to look after it :star: