ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of Monaco pics

Monaco blue 172
Just a couple of pics after a clean and adding a splitter that’s been in my shed for about 4 years.

recently added the exhaust, I have a trim to go on but the bumpers due to be re sprayed first.

recent work:

exhaust

splitter

brakes all round

Belts and dephaser pulley

Full service

Converted back to standard air box and panel

Clutch as release bearing was getting noisy

Attachments

• ADA8F30A-B61F-4199-9062-6CD12F7BC3CA.jpeg
    ADA8F30A-B61F-4199-9062-6CD12F7BC3CA.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 84
  • D27467EA-8C79-4D96-8144-B3F67F8F57B6.jpeg
    D27467EA-8C79-4D96-8144-B3F67F8F57B6.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 80
  • 6B3762DF-E362-4DA9-AB6F-7DE32346DC6D.jpeg
    6B3762DF-E362-4DA9-AB6F-7DE32346DC6D.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 87
  Monaco blue 172
To me as a kid that was the thing that stood out most on a standard 172 as they are quite subtle looking from the factory especially the rear. I get that it’s very Halfords looking but it’s a bit of nostalgia for me. Especially as I worked in Halfords as a teen 😆

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it annoys me how Halfords made a sport badge that looked exactly there same as the RS one 😂

It's great when someone in a Vectra gets up your arse because they think it's a 1.2 with a daft exhaust 🤡 😂

Monaco blue 172
Haha. For sure. I know Clios aren’t exactly rare but I def haven’t seen any on the road round my way (London) for quite some time. The old girl gets some attention these days, they are soon becoming somewhat of a classic and I often get people asking about mine when filling up etc.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Haha. For sure. I know Clios aren’t exactly rare but I def haven’t seen any on the road round my way (London) for quite some time. The old girl gets some attention these days, they are soon becoming somewhat of a classic and I often get people asking about mine when filling up etc.
Can't remember the last time I actually saw a 172 on the road, definitely a rare sight anywhere even more so in London!

Every so often I'll get a thumbs up from someone that knows anything about cars. The people that drive a modern washing machine like a Qashqai just look at me with disgust 😂