ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Couple of problems - outside air temp and stereo display.

I've had a look with the search but not found anything to solve my problems yet.

I've just bought ay cup and the outside air temp is showing between 52° and 55° all the time. Unless someone has fitted air conditioning to me in the night I'm guessing this isn't right. But why?

Also, the standard head unit has just been re-fitted but when I come to enter the code there is nothing on the display. It beeps at me when I press buttons but that's about it. I'm guessing that this isn't right either.

Thanks.

cooper s full areo kit...
take it our, make sure the little yellow connection block is plugged into the standard head unit at the back next to the iso block

172 Cup, Clio 197
the temp thing is common it seems, no one knows of a fix as of yet apart from folding the mirrors and unfolding them again. ive got the same problem, always shows 21-28C!

RB 200 Cup!
i had the temp gauge prob for a couple of days and then it righted itself! weird french engineering I think - might be smething to do with folding mirrors in and out

172 Cup, Clio 197
mines still here and its really irritating! its the only thing wrong with car apart from the parcel shelf banging around!

Cheers guys. I'll just tell people it's a worldwide temperature gauge and I'm monitoring temperatures in Dubai cos I'm considering a holiday there.
Anyway, the headunit display and remote are working now thanks to brocky and a pair of chopsticks but I have a new problem. The display only says CODE and won't go to the four zeros. Just wondering if I've somehow managed to do something wrong along the way. Any ideas on this one?

check your manual mate for instructions on entering the codes

you can lock them out if you enter it in wrong too many times..

as for the temp.. prob a faulty temp sensor under the passenger wing mirror. not cheap i dont think...

Bugger.
I think that while I was poking around while the display wasn't working I might have entered it a few (ten) times. According to the manual I might have to leave the radio on for about 9 hours.
Can renault dig me out?
Or is anyone selling a reasonably priced head unit?
Or does the old freezer trick work on these?