ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Courier for engine

Tonyclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good reliable courier for sending a bare 182 engine from North Yorkshire to Essex?

I have a pallet to put it on.

Thanks

Tony

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
When I sold my m3 I had a diff and some other big bits to deliver down south. Worked out cheaper for me to just drive them myself than deliver

Tonyclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
When I sold my m3 I had a diff and some other big bits to deliver down south. Worked out cheaper for me to just drive them myself than deliver
Yes, normally I would have considered this option

I think the Police would take a dim view if I got stopped as this would probably (and should) be deemed a non essential trip at the moment and I do want to keep everyone I can safe.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
As above, post it on Shipley and wait for offers. They'll need it to be securely banded/strapped/attached to the pallet, and not drop oil everywhere.
Apologies if that's stating the obvious.

I have used a pallet service booked using Interparcel or p4d, some will not take engines so best to check t&c’s and have the dip stick accessible so carrier can check engine is dry.