ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked ABS ring, new drive shaft needed?

I've got cracked abs ring on my 172ff ph2 causing the brake peddel to kick back and juder when braking at low speeds. The local garge took a look yesterday and said they couldnt just replace the abs ring, they'd have to replace the drive shaft too as its moulded/attached. They've also recommened replacing the driver side drive shaft too as the abs ring on this side is corroded. Looking on ebay the abs rings only cost a few quid but the garage want £300 (£150 per drive shaft/abs ring)... what's the crack, are they trying to drop my pants or does a bust abs ring really mean a new drive shaft?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
You can replace them on the proper OEM Renault driveshafts, dunno about other manufactures.

Are you running OEM driveshafts?

cheers
pretty sure i am, cant remember ever having a drive shaft changed! is it an easy enough job to do?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
renault dont sell the ABS rings they are available on ebay, i would give fred@btm a call cos i believe he has a few lying about, they just need to be tapped on on i believe