ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
Hey there, so I find myself back in a 182 but as a daily whilst my other car is off the road.

I have an issue with the ABS, no warning lights appear on the dash until I’ve been at a steady speed for a good 5-10mins. Under light braking at low speeds the brake pedal vibrates like the ABS kicking in but hard braking is fine.

I’ve been trying my hand at a few bits and pieces and for piece of mind I’m just thinking of replacing all the ABS rings. Is it a relatively easy thing to do for a novice to do themselves (i.e me) ? I think from the research I’ve done its easier to just change the front driveshafts as they come all assembled with the rings? (Yes I know driveshafts are £100-200 each, not bothered about that) but I know relatively nothing about the rears so don’t know where to start there.

I haven’t had it up in the air yet to check any of the rings but when I replaced the earth strap (which was v corroded) the ring on the passenger side looked rusty but intact and I’ve read that corrosion on the rings can cause the issues I’ve mentioned.

Would just like abit of guidance on how hard all the rings are to replace and whats the best way to go about it :)

Cheers :)

182 clio
Yeah very easy job.
I paid 4 quid or something per ring.
Apply glue clean sensors while you have space as you will have access with shaft being out hub.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Yes sounds like a cracked or faulty ABS ring and as said not a bad diy job to do.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Some can be tapped off, others need a puller to remove.

Tap the new one on square and you'll be fine.